35 | sisters

The Captain and Violet were taking a leisurely walk down by the lake, for 'hot girl summer' reasons. Violet's words, not the Captain's, obviously. Although he did feel a bit of pride in the sentiment, and enjoyed spending time with the girl.

Admiring the way the sun set across the water, orange and yellow hues cascading across the sky, the Captain felt truly at peace.

"It's a lovely evening, isn't it?"

Meanwhile, Violet was trying her hardest to skip some rocks.

"Take that you fucking lake!" she yelled, gathering more stones in her hands.

"Violet, language!" the Captain felt outraged at the sight in front of him.

"What? It's good to let out your emotions from time to time," Violet defended herself, huffing as she turned to the man of war.

"Whilst I am proud of your growth, dear, perhaps it could do without such vulgarity," he informed her, watching with interest when it seemed his words were sinking in.

"Nah."

The Captain rolled his eyes at the girl.

She continued her previous acts, although she did lessen the amount of swears she used, something that didn't go unnoticed by him.

A car pulling into the driveway broke them both out of their thoughts and activities.

"Whose coming round at this time?" Violet complained, dropping her small pebble collection to the ground, unable to fight off her curiosity.

"It may be the enemy coming in, we must set up our defenses, away we go, Violet!" the Captain marched off with purpose, leading the way back to the house.

And when they did arrive back, they saw Lucy, of all people, getting out of her car.

"Okay, stand down, stand down, we are free of enemy invasions," the Captain confirmed after observing the surroundings.

Violet begged to differ.

"Violet, hi!" Lucy tried to smile, but it came across as more of a grimace when she turned to see where the gravelly footsteps came from.

"Lucy," Violet nodded at her politely.

"Where did you just come from? You've got leaves in your hair," Lucy pointed out, looking at the young girl strangely.

"She's onto you," the Captain commented.

"I've just been releasing my anger in a very healthy way and shouting as loud as humanly possible. It's really good for your chakras I've heard. Meant to stop violent outbursts," Violet deadpanned as she walked past the woman who stood in disbelief.

Okay, maybe she was exaggerating that last part, she wasn't going to be violent, she didn't have it within her to do that, but it couldn't hurt messing around with Lucy's head, could it?

"You coming in or no?" Violet called over to her, snapping her out of her thoughts as she nodded and brought in a bag from the boot of her car.

"Where's Alison?" Lucy questioned as soon as they passed over the threshold of the house.

"Right... She's probably upstairs or something, I'll go get-" Violet went to kindly go and get Alison for Lucy, but she was already a step ahead, and walked right up the stairs like she lived at Button House.

As if she owned the place.

Violet's jaw dropped in disbelief at the audacity of the woman.

"Incredibly rude isn't it, yes, inviting yourself into one's home," Fanny suddenly appeared next to Violet.