20 | opposite day

"How dare you!"

Violet was awoken by the mighty roar of an ex war captain. She wondered who had been winding him up now. Regretfully leaving her comfy bed, Violet shoved her dressing gown on and pattered downstairs to see Julian and the Captain stood up and in a face off.

"Oh get over yourself, it was just a simple comment," Julian rolled his eyes.

"No, I will not take it!" the Captain spluttered before looking around at the other ghosts watching on silently or looking away bored.

"What's happened now?" Violet yawned, taking a seat next to Thomas on the sofa. She was unaware of his confused glance at her attire.

"This, this abomination of a-"

"Abomination? Get off your high horse, you silly bas-"

"No, no, no! I will not hear any of that language in here!" Fanny shouted fed up.

"Can you just explain one at a time, Captain go first," Violet said, ignoring Julian throwing a mini tantrum.

"Julian has decided that it is easy to be in the army and worse than that, it is harder to be in the navy!" the Captain was outraged, feeling disrespected.

"Sea sickness anyone?" Julian carelessly threw out into conversation.

Violet facepalmed.
"Where's Alison when you need her?"

"Did you just say Alison? Do you know where she is?" Thomas rushed out in a whisper next to her amongst the shouts of Julian and the Captain.

"No, you strange man," Violet said back to him.

Thomas looked away, gazing out the window, no doubt thinking of how he could romanticise his friendship with the heir of Button House.

"Easy life being in your position, I'm sure. By the sounds of it you did absolutely nothing to benefit the country," the Captain said frowning.

"Well you clearly weren't a very good soldier otherwise you wouldn't be here right now, would you?"

"My goodness! I-I could say the same thing to you!"

"We do not bring our deaths into this!" Pat scolded the arguing ghosts, folding his arms disapprovingly.

"Well, I'm sorry, Patrick, tell Julian that he should gain some respect!" the Captain stormed off.

"You should tell the Captain that he should gain some perspective!" Julian shouted after the Captain whilst looking Pat dead in the eye.

"You silly! That's Pat not the Captain, Julian!" Kitty broke the silence.

Julian huffed,
"It's opposite day," and with that he left.

Kitty looked around confused and spoke to Pat asking about what 'opposite day' was, leaving the exhausted scoutsman to give her all the answers to her questions.

~~~~~

The ghosts had dispersed from the failed session of food club, all returning to their daily activities. Violet decided she'd instead spend some time helping Mike and Alison, she had felt bad for not being around as much recently, and wanted to make it up to them.

Mike and Alison were sat in the kitchen attempting to come up with ideas to attract attention to Button House, and were almost relieved to see another brain enter the situation.

"Perfect! Violet would you please explain to Mike why Jurassic Park is not a good theme for a room to be decorated in," Alison said exasperated.

"You want a Jurassic Park themed room?" Violet questioned, raising an eyebrow at the odd idea.