1 | finding button house

Sometime during the day after Mike and Alison had left for work, the ghosts had gathered around for food club.

"Bum." Robin stated, looking at the rest of the ghosts expectantly with a pleasant smile on his face.

"Right," Pat said, waiting for further explanation, even the scouts he used to lead could talk in more detail than that.

"Err, bum, or neck, or leg, but first choice, bum," Robin nodded to himself, proud of his answer.

"Is it cooked?" Fanny inquired, looking distastefully at the animal in front of her.

"Of course I'm not animal." Robin simply said, gesturing to himself as if to say 'obviously'.

"Could've fooled me."
Fanny thought otherwise.

Pat quickly gets to his feet to stop the savage from attacking the lady with nervous laughter, clasping his hands together.
"All right, all right, Robin misses eating bum," Robin nods with him, "of..." Pat waits for him to continue the answer.

"Oh, any bum." Robin adds on.

"Rump steak, why not?" Pat says to appease Robin.

"Foul beast." Fanny mutters under her breath looking away from the caveman.

"Oh, fine! I go outside, now, to find mammoth, big mammoth bum, I have lunch without a 'lady'" Robin says annoyed at Fanny, sarcastically calling her a lady as he storms outside.

"Oh come on Fanny, was that really necessary? We all know Robin came from a different time, there were no big banquets for him to have, as I'm sure you'd pick" Pat turns to her exasperated.

"He should know by now not to say such things in front of a lady." She says finalising her point, leaving no room for any other conversation.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, outside of Button House amongst the green fields lay a young girl with long wavy brown hair. After running away from some particularly loud dogs she was out of breath and flat out like a starfish.

'Who seriously calls their dogs bitches these days? Must be some old bloke...' she thought to herself as she let her body take a break. Unbeknownst to her, someone was murmuring to themselves as they walked across the fields to have a 'cool down' moment as Pat calls them.

"Stupid lady"

"She not know joys of bum"

"But her husband do"

Then, for a second, manic laughter.
Soon, the angry grumbles resumed.

"Huh"

"Is that.."

"Julian said, eccs tink"

"MAMMOTH"

It was quite strange really, in that moment it was as if Violet could hear footsteps charging towards her.

"Fur not like mammoth I 'member"

"Hmmm dis tiny mammoth"

Curious and maybe slightly offended, because, well a small mammoth is still quite big, Violet looked up from the ground and saw a caveman out of the corner of her eye. But he was soon at the back of her mind when she saw the huge mansion in front of her.