prologue

And so off she ran again.

Running was something Violet Goodall was used to. Running in the 100m race on sports day at school when she was younger and still had her braces in. Running after the German Shepherd she was meant to be dogsitting when it came off of the lead.

And running away from her problems.

For Violet to truly confront the problems in her life it would be like actually seeing a pig fly - except she doesn't have any wings to get to where she truly wants to be.

She runs because she cannot fly.

There is never really a destination in mind when she goes between different places, looking for somewhere to call home. But this time, something feels different.

It could be because she had been running a mile long after some dogs chased her out of someone's garden. She was sure she heard a male voice shouting,
"Bitches!" in the distance.

It could be because she was now lying on the ground, out of breath, gazing upon a huge yet welcoming mansion.

Or maybe it was the caveman looming over her yelling unintelligible words.

"Yep, that'll do it," she muttered to herself as she stands up, dusting off her blue jeans and venturing round the back of the house, seeking somewhere to camp out.

Completely unbothered about the Neanderthal stampeding towards the house and yelling something about an intruder.