Chapter 11- Shoot

Börja om från början

"Jesus, Alyssa's really pissed at me." 

The group splits and we begin our way back to the highway. Alyssa and I are in the very back. She hasn't even looked at me. 

I'm not very good at comforting or apologizing so I choose to not. 

"Have you finished your bracelet?" I ask, looking at Alyssa. 

She doesn't respond. 

"I have." I say, showing her the different shades of red, yellow, and blue weaved around my wrist. 

She just nods without saying a word. 

I sigh and drop my wrist back to my side, lost. 

"Alyssa, I-" I groan, frustrated at myself that I don't know what to say. 

"Guys, keep going, we'll catch up." I say, waving the rest of the group on.

"You sure?" Daryl asks. "Yeah, I've got my bow and dagger and she's got her machete." He nods and the rest of the group walks away, leaving Alyssa and I alone. 

She groans and turns to me. "What?" The anger in her voice makes me not even recognize her. 

"What's your deal? Huh?" I say somewhat sternly. 

"What's my deal?" She scoffs, acting appalled. "My deal is that you broke a pinky promise and did...whatever the heck you did! The drug-whatever it was, you did it! You betrayed me, Adrian!" 

"I-" My voice cracks as I speak. "I know, I know. And I don't know what you want from me, Alyssa! I really don't! What do you want? An apology? Fine! I'm sorry! There, all better? Because there is nothing that I can say or do that can take back what I did and you being angry with me is really making it hard to keep that pinky promise if I'm being totally honest! Because you are the only person, the only person who I actually enjoy being around-" Alyssa smirks. 

"What?" I spit, slightly angry. 

"Besides Glenn." She smiles. I groan loudly and smile slightly, "I-well-" Alyssa fake stutters and then says, "No, no, no! All I want from you right now is for you to admit that you like hanging around Glenn." I sigh and drop my head, still slightly smiling. 

"Fine. I like hanging around Glenn." "Oh my god!" She gasps. "What?" I lift my head up and look around. "You're blushing!" "What? No! No! I don't blush. Plus, he's like twenty-two, that's-ew." 

Alyssa scoffs and smiles, "So? Y'all are both adults, it doesn't matter as long as he's not like 10 years younger than you!" "I don't like Glenn that way! I don't even know if I like him as a person." "Psh-yes you do. You definitely like him as a person." She points to my bracelet.

"Those are the colors he's wearing today, just a few different shades. You didn't think I wouldn't notice, did you?" I look at my bracelet. 

"No, I-honestly I didn't even notice it." "Really?" She doesn't sound convinced. I scoff, "Yes really. I just picked colors that matched well." "Hm." She nods. "Whatevs. Tell yourself whatever you wanna tell yourself but-Gadrian lives on." I scoff, "Okay, whatever." I begin walking again. 

I begin to think, how do I feel about Glenn? Do I-no, no way. Sex-and-skip, remember? Plus, he's way too childish for me. 

"I see you thinkin' over there." 

"Thinkin' about how 'imma murder you in your sleep." Alyssa giggles and nods, "Or about how you're gonna confess your love to Glenn?" I scoff again, "Jesus 'Lyss. I don't like 'im like that." I can't tell if I'm trying to convince her or me.