Chapter 11 - Yoshino

Start from the beginning

His Reinforcement kicked in. The hands crumbled apart like butter and Lucas could move again.

"You were going easy on me?"

"I could ask you the same question."

"Fufu."

Without exchanging much words, they both clashed into eachother. A huge shockwave followed shortly after. The walls of the arena shook, the windows are about to shatter and the ground was ripped apart. Right now, two world destroying being clashed together in a relatively tight space. If the match was attended outside, the whole city would've probably crumbled. They traded blows, each one hitting the other and vice versa. Kurumi continued to use her clones to deflect Lucas' attacks and to land some shots. Of course, the fight didn't just continue on the ground. They both have the ability to fly, so naturally the fight would also continue in the air. Kurumi didn't seem like she was getting tired any time soon, but neither did Lucas.

"Hup!"

Lucas retracted his back muscles and stretched out his arms shortly after, throwing his fist down at Kurumi, who let her body fall.

Just before her body hit the ground, she shot herself with Aleph, moving a few meters away from Lucas faster than the eye can follow. Lucas hit the ground with incredible force, breaking the entire area of the arena into

He continued by stomping on the ground to lift up the rocks and bits in the air. Using his magic to create a strong wind, he pushed the large rocks like a catapult from the time before Christ towards Kurumi. They weren't anything seriously dangerous and she managed to dodge them easily. What she didn't realize is that Lucas launched himself aswell, hidden behind the rocks she just dodged. He jumped off the rock, killing the distance between them. He put his hands together to perform a down smash directly to her shoulder. Lucas was too fast to dodge this time. She had no time to either call out a clone or use Aleph to get out of there. Lucas hit her hard, and Kurumi flew all the way back down and smashed into the already crumbling ground. The impact spread throughout her whole body, temporarily paralyzing her.

"Nngh..." Kurumi groaned in pain. She slowly got up from the ground, but could only get up to her knees.

"It's over, Kurumi." Lucas said from above, smiling. He was impressive by the power Kurumi has now. She had not only drastically increased her strength but also battle intellect, refined her strategy and has a more clear understanding on how to use her powers more accurately.

"It's my win."

"Haha.. it does seem so. That blow really was something else." Kurumi weakly laughed as she held her damaged shoulder.

But even in this crippled state, Kurumi didn't stop.

"Don't take your guard down."

"Huh?" When Kurumi said that, a barrage of bullet was shot onto him from behind.

"G-gaarkh!" He caughted blood out of his throat. But that wasn't the only source of blood. Multiple bullets managed to pierce his suit and his skin. A pool of blood gushed out of Lucas' wounds, and he fell onto the ground. This severe amount of damage caused his Reinforcement to abruptly end.

"Haah." Luckily, Lucas was still breathing. "You got me there... it's my loss."

Lucas rolled over on his back and his eyes were blinded by the bright light coming from the ceiling.

"Zafkiel, Dalet." Kurumi said, shooting a bullet at Lucas. This wasn't to finish him off. This was to heal his wounds. The wounds on Lucas' body disappeared, leaving no need for his body to slowly heal itself using his magic. The fight was already over after Lucas admitted defeat.