Chapter 3

Flora's POV

Trigger Warning- Mentions of Bullying (Physical) and a bit of blood.** when it starts and ends.

I stare at the board feeling my brain slightly hurt. I began to think about that kid that helped Inesa. I didn't like one bit, he didn't give me a good gut feeling. The way he stared at her, it seemed all weird.

"Miss Flora, is there something you would like to share with the class?" I look up to see that darn world history teacher. I shook my head, and heard some girls giggle. I roll my eyes and just look at the board. I continue to write my notes and think about the whole situation.

'That old man sent us because of Inesa and told us not to cause trouble or we'll be sent to reform school..' The bell rang and as I was getting my stuff inside, I heard my name. I looked up to see him, the damn teacher looking at me. I go up to him, seeing that smile stuck on his face.

"You wanted to see me Mr. Lauriel?" He nods and gives me a piece of paper. It was an assignment that I didn't get.

"I saw your classmates didn't pass the paper so I wanted to give it to you. Are you alright Flora? You spaced out during class." I nod and he nods once more.

"If you have any questions or trouble, you can come after class or go during my tutor period for help." He spoke softly, and I nodded.

"Thanks Mr. Lauriel." He nods and I walk out of the classroom. I look at my schedule to see that I have a total of six classes and the last class I got was Culinary class. I shook my head and entered to see everyone with an apron. I look to see an apron with my name sewed on it. I put it on and walk to the small table near the window. I saw a girl standing next to me and she looked at me.

"Oh look if it's the peasant." I rolled my eyes and waited for the teacher to come. I watched them walk into the kitchen, and noticed how they reminded me of Inesa. Pastel clothes and a sweet smile.

"Hello class, today we are going to create Risotto. Now this is a simple one, but with more practice you'll be able to create different versions of it. Today you won't work with the person sharing the table, but on other days you will. Let's get to it." I look at the recipe, and see the ingredients. I go over to the refrigerator and pick out the best looking ingredients. I got my knife and began to follow the instructions one by one, adding spices and all.

"Wow, you can cook, then again you have to do it all the time." I sigh and continue to prepare the ingredients. I hear giggles but block them out. I feel a hard piece hit my face, and see that girl giggle with her friends. I shake my head and continue cooking, and see the teacher walk towards me.

"My, did you add chicken stock?"

"Yes, stock gives risotto a really good flavor." They nod and walk past me, and I turn to look at her, seeing an annoyed gaze. I smirk and continue to cook, adding more spices and apples. I check the temperature and let it simmer. Once I saw it was done, I turned off the pan, stirring it and plating it. I prepare a small plate for the teacher and give it to them. They scoop a piece and nod, smiling.

"It's delicious, I love how you didn't try to cook the rice al dente but let it overcook allowing it to get this melt in your mouth texture. The chicken stock gave it this rich flavor alongside the apples. You get 100% for this dish."

I nod and walk back to my shared table. I no longer heard giggles and I felt a smirk rise onto my lips. Soon class ended, and I got my things walking back to the dorm. I heard yells and shook my head refusing to get into something I don't belong in. I walked past till I saw Marcella running away. I grab her and take her inside an empty hallway. I look at her, and see a cut on her face.