020| A friend in need 🍧🍕

Cheers to chapter 20 🥂🥳.

~

I vowed never to forget Oba.

I was presently in her purple room, my head on Oba's laps, wiping my tears over and over.

"I'm so grateful you let me crash here." I mumbled.

Oba rubbed my head, she reeked of a nice perfume that reminded me of apples.

"It's okay, Winnie. I'm here for you," Oba said while rubbing my head softly.
"You still haven't told me why you were crying."
She said softly.

"My best friend is sick." I said softly. "And I don't know where she is or how she's doing. I don't know what to do. My dad hates her dad, because she's middle class and all ; he said hurtful things about her today and I lost it.

Mostly because they've been ignoring me since I got home. I just couldn't take it anymore. It hurt, I had to leave."

Oba sighed.
"That isn't all, is it?"

"No. But that's all I can say for now," I said quietly.

"Okay. Thank you for telling me the little you can,"
She said softly. "But let's do something fun before Rodney comes back."

"Where'd he go?" I asked.

"To get ice cream. Let's video call the girls." Oba said.
"You okay with that?"

I nodded slowly and just as she began setting up her phone, the door swung open and an older version of Oba and Rodney walked in.

"Lu! Where have you been?"
Oba said as she squealed and embraced her.

"Obanijesu, I told you that I was going out with David."
She said. "Who's your friend?"

She turned her attention to me.

"She's Edwin. Her sister is Qween Jesi on YouTube. She's sad and needs a place to stay," Oba narrated.

Lu, as she was called gave me a warm hug. It's official, this girls family gives the best hugs.

"Hii! I'm Enioluwa Delight Adetola. I'm Oba's sister and it's amazing you're crashing here," she said after she released me.

I nodded, heaved a sigh of relief and gave a tired smile.

"Good!" She said, smiling.
"I'm going to take a shower, and when I get back, we'll watch a movie. Where's Rodney?" She asked her sister who smiled.

"I made him go get ice cream.
Did you see Mama's IG post?
That woman's a sly!"
Oba exclaimed.

"I know right?" Came Lu's response and she was outta the door.

~

I spent that day peacefully.

We watched a YouTube web series that made me cry.
The name was The perfect faces, by Ryameen Films.

I and Oba were on the bed on her room, both of us sobbing before Rodney came in with IK and Remi, and a girl I didn't know.

"Edwin! Mama!" IK exclaimed before throwing me in a bear hug.

"Ikechukwu Kaleb, how come I don't have your number?"
I asked him.

He only chuckled, shaking his head at me.

Oba went over and took the ice cream and pizza from his hands and bouncing on her purple bed. IK released me and I took a slice of Pizza from the box.

"What took you so long?"
Oba asked.

"Well, our boy Rodney," said Remi, patting his shoulder,
"Had to pick up his friend, Maddona."

Oba's eyes shot up and it was as though she just realized that the said Maddona was here.

"What? Why couldn't you give me a heads up?" Oba asked.

For someone who was rarely angry, her eyes were frying Rodney.

"I'm sorry. Does he need your permission to keep friends too?" The Maddona ( stupid name, by the way) asked.

She was dressed in a red mini skirt, and and white crop top and some Nike Air shoes.

"Or is it because of her," she asked, giving me a once over in disgust.

"Get-" Oba started but I beat her to it.

"I'm not the one who has attention written on my fore head in capital letter, neither am I the one using make up to hide their ugliness."
I said in a calm voice.

"WHAT, did you just say to me?" Maddona asked.

"What I mean is, if you want to fight, wash off that nasty thing first. Because I'm confident that I'm not ugly enough to feed my face chemicals, better still, remove those lashes, maybe you'll see right,"

The guys oohhed - including Rodney, before Oba got up and pulled her away from her spot on her white couch, and slamming the living room door on her face.

"Good riddance to bad rubbish, abeg," Oba said.

"Amen to that!" IK and Remi chorused, both had their mouth full of pizza.

I felt Rodney's eyes on me and when I looked, sure enough, his eyes were on me.

~

Not my best chapter, I know, I know.

But still like and comment and vote.

P.s, also watch - The perfect faces, by Ryameen Films on YouTube.

It'll make you cryyyyyy.
😭😭.

Buh it's totally worth it.