23 :: Moose Tracks

Hey Reagan! This is Nya Smith, from the shop and Lloyd's friend-

I was wondering if you're free to get coffee with me?

Unknown Number

Looking at the text as I headed out to the car, a soft smile was on my face as I began to type out a response. Only to be run into by a speeding Ruby, catching myself from falling, as she stopped for a brief second.

"Oi! Reagan, I'm headin' over to Cat's!" was all she said before heading out after a girl with dyed indigo hair.

"Okay! I'm gonna have coffee with a friend!"

Hey Nya! I'm free this afternoon, ever been to Cup O' Jo? On Overlord and Third, it has a great menu and a little library of old books. It's a great place to hang out and chill.

ME

"Hey Nya! Over here!" Waving to the other girl as she walked into the shop, her face lit up when she saw me and began to walk towards the booth.

All the previous times I saw Nya, she wore a version of a kimono or her mechanic jumper. Though today, she looked like she had actually dressed up a little with a pair of dark ripped jeans, a light blue t-shirt, a black leather jacket with silver studs, and boots that gave her 3 to 5 inches of height. Her hair was done up in a messy bun and a big smile on her face as she slid into the booth across from me.

It was a little awkward between us as we figured out what to say, I had only spoken to her a handful of times and mostly to pass something at dinner. We probably knew everything we knew about each other through the Garmadon family, which somehow made it a little worse.

However, after she ordered, we managed to find a topic of conversation after she offered a bit of information about herself. She went a bit into how her brother raised her, how her parents disappeared when they were young, and when she got kidnapped, which led to the whole ninja gig for her and her brother. Listening to her in amazement, we ended up drinking several milkshakes and a basket of french fries.

"So yeah, that's how my brother found out he was an elemental master and joined the secret ninja crew." She ended with a smile and finished the last of her ninth basket of fries.

"So you're not an elemental master?" I asked, looking at the stack of dirty dishes from the food she had eaten... almost as much as Lloyd. Nya shook her head and shrugged as she sipped on her coffee.

"Nah, my brother, Kai, is, though. He was a part of the original four before Zane's death." She explained softly, letting her just talk. Lloyd almost never talked about his team, so it was nice for Nya to fill in the blanks.

"Zane's the one with the statue in the park?"

"Yeah, that's him." A sad smile was on her face as she spoke about her old friend. "Hard to believe it's only been a little over a year... anyway, enough work talk. Now I have been trying to drag out anything relating to you and Lloyd, out of Lloyd...but he won't say anything! Even his parents barely know anything!"

Her sudden burst of enthusiasm caused me to jump a little, watching her rest her head on her hands as she waited for my answer. It then clicked, this was probably one of the main things she wanted to get together to ask...

"Uhhhmmm..." was all I could say as she nodded for me to continue...if Lloyd didn't tell them anything...there was a reason for it...right? "... I'm not really sure what to say?"

"Oh come on, he kisses you on the face every time he sees you, he's turned three of your stalkers to mush as Lloyd and not the ninja...and all evidence points to you being the next Mrs. Garmadon!"