Chapter 45

I woke to screaming pain all along my lower back, and I recalled everything that had happened in the past couple days. I looked over to see Derick was asleep, I cried silently as I remembered what he'd done to me last night.

I pulled myself together and stopped crying, wiping my tears and putting on a glare of determination. I took a few moments to make sure I was ready and rolled over onto Derick's chest, snuggling into him with a smile none would know was fake but my mates. He started to wake and returned my smile, running his hand through my hair. I yawned and snuggled closer to him, kissing his neck lightly.

He seemed appreciative of my affection and he picked me up, carrying me to the kitchen/dining room for my usual one meal of the day, eggs and the gross bacon that I wouldn't eat. He tried to set me down on the chair but I screeched as my ass hurt like hell. He quickly picked me back up and said, "I'm not holding you while I'm cooking, so just stand beside me."

I nodded in understanding and he set me down, I stood on my good leg and watched as he cooked. My stomach growled as I smelt the eggs, but I waited patiently for him to finish, knowing whining would get me nowhere and probably just lead to more pain. He started chopping up some mushrooms and cheese to add in to the eggs, turning away as he put them in the pan. I discreetly grabbed the knife and held it in my sleeve, just in case he tried doing something like last night again. He finished after what felt like an eternity, and put the food onto plates.

He set them down on the table, with me still in his lap as he knew there was no point in trying to get me to sit in the chair beside him. I waited for his permission before I started to dig into my eggs, devouring them in less than a minute. I put my plate back on the table and I snuggled into him while I waited for him to finish his meal.

Once he was done he frowned seeing that I hadn't eaten the bacon again, he told me, "you need to eat what I cook, stop wasting food."

I looked up at him for permission to speak and he gave me a quick nod to allow it. I started explaining, "I don't like it and it makes me feel sick."

He sighed and asked, "what if I take you outside if you eat every single bite of your bacon? You won't like what I'll do if you say no."

I frowned but agreed, eating the bacon and forcing myself not to puke. I had a plan, and I refused to allow myself to fail. I gulped down the bacon, trying not to taste it so I wouldn't throw up. He gave me a quick praise, "good job, boy."

I smiled and went right back to snuggling into his chest, he told me, "okay, so we'll watch TV for a while and then we can go outside."

I nodded in agreement and wrapped my arms around his neck, making sure he couldn't feel the knife I'd hidden in my sleeve.

True to his words he carried me outside after we had watched the TV for a few hours. I looked around to see a winter wonderland, we were in a forest and there was a beautiful frozen lake. I took in every detail, memorizing it so that when I got a chance I could show Micah and Firosa.

He sat down on a bench with me in his lap and I noticed that we were on a porch, so we didn't need to worry about getting snowed on. My bird, Lilo, flew onto the railing and chirped at me in greeting. I smiled back and she flapped her wings, giving Derick an annoyed expression that he thankfully didn't understand.

I closed my eyes and took in the fresh air, closing my eyes and shifting my focus to contacting Micah and Firosa. Derick assumed that I was sleeping and continued to sit with me in his arms.

After pushing through a wall of smoky, thick static I tapped into the mind link. I quickly gave them the images that I'd burned into my brain about my surroundings, telling them hurry up, this hurts.