Chapter 13

We eventually finished the Maze Runner series and I talked animatedly with them about it, discussing the parts I liked and theories I had on it. They added things every now and then, but mostly seemed to be enjoying listening to me talk about it.

I let out a yawn and stretched. I wanted to go for a walk but that wasn't exactly in the cards for me.

"Still tired?" Firosa asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, I kinda want to go on a walk but I guess that isn't really an option." I chuckled, starting to crack the bones in my hand as I hadn't done so today.

Firosa just blankly stared at me cracking my hands, but Micah knew I did this a lot so he was un phased. Firosa tilted his head in confusion, still not knowing what I was doing. I explained, "my hands get uncomfortable if I don't crack them. Sorry if the pops are annoying, it'll only take a minute. But I can stop if it grosses you out!"

"No, no. You're good. I've just never seen someone crack their hand that many times." Firosa responded as he watched me with curiosity, but he looked genuinely interested in what I was doing.

I continued to crack the bones in my left hand, once I'd finished cracking my fingers I moved onto the  metacarpal bones. I cracked those and moved on to the wrist, successfully getting 3 cracks out of it. I switched to my right hand and did the same cracking pattern, I was disappointed as I only got 2 cracks out of my right wrist.
For anyone who is wondering, metacarpal bones are the bones that attach your fingers to your wrist.

"How long have you been doing that?" Firosa asked me, to which I told him I'd been doing it ever since I was around 7 or 8.

I asked him, "can I crack your hand?" Hoping he'd say yes, it was surprisingly satisfying to hear a bone crack and see the tension leave the body.

"Sure..." he replied, looking slightly sceptical as he handed me his right hand. I grinned happily and moved his hand to my lap.

I worked around his rings to crack his fingers, getting anywhere between two to four cracks per finger. I moved down to his metacarpal bones and got a crack out of almost all of them, frowning at the ones that refused to crack. I moved down to his wrist and moved it back and forth, occasionally pushing to get it to crack. I got it to crack twice and smiled as I did.

I looked up to him and asked, "your hand feel more loose now?" He nodded his head yes in response, looking confused as to how that worked.

He handed me his left hand and I repeated the same process as I'd used on his right hand to get the bones to crack. I gave a small smile at each pop sound his bones made. As I finished I saw him leaning his head back into the couch.

"Are your hands hurting? I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you!" I said worriedly, I hoped I hadn't hurt him and started to rub his hand, trying to make up for my stupid mistake.

"No, it felt good. My hands feel a lot more loose like you said. I'm just relieved at how good it feels, don't worry Princess." He said, ruffling my hair gently and teasingly with a smile.

I returned the smile and turned to Micah. "Can I crack your hands too?" I gave him puppy dog eyes, knowing it'd help me convince him.

"Fine." He sighed, causing me to grin wider. I did the same things I'd done to Firosa's hand, listening to the bones make their usual popping sound that I loved to hear, it was just so satisfying.

"That felt weird." Micah told me after I was done, he added, "we can't go on a walk, but we can sit on the deck if you'd like."

"Really? Yes please!" I said with an excited high pitched voice. I bounced in my seat, excited to go out. I felt Firosa move behind me and stand up, Micah quickly followed suit and they both looked down at me.