Chapter 38

Sofia's POV

"First off fuck your b**** and the clique you claim! Westside when we ride come equipped with game, you claim to be a playa but I f***** your wife!" Rue sang along to the music. In the car is me, Rue and Ashtray. Fezco is driving.

Not a word about Devin's phone being at his address. I barely had time to process the thought let alone the situation. I've been quiet, they're noticing. Today is also the New Year.

Ashtray was visibly fed up with Rue singing, Fezco seeming equally as bothered. The lyrics paired with whats been going on lately was a little disturbing. I almost wanted to reach out myself and turn off the radio, especially with Devin in my mind.

"Lil Ceaser, go ask ya homie how I leave ya" Rue continued along anyway, not letting the overall mood affect her vibe. "Cut ya young ass up, leave you in pieces, now be deceased!" she just kept going.

I feel my stomach turn slightly, an uneasy nausea coming over me. What is up with that recently? "I HIT EM UP-" "Yo can you tell her to shut the fuck up" Ash quickly cut Rue off, finally done hearing it. "yeah not too much" I added, only making her roll her eyes at me.

"Yeah Rue you gotta chill out back there for real. Me and Ash gotta handle some serious business right now." he reminded her, glancing over at me as well through the mirror. We pull up slowly, turning the music off completely. "Yeah I can just stay back here... real comfy" Rue mumbles as she lays back in her seat.

I see 2 shadowy figures in the distance, a man and a woman. As we fully approach, I notice that the girl has blonde hair and the man has a bandage over his nose. Same guy that used to come around with Mouse in the past. His name is Custer. I see Ashtray did his face in pretty good.

"Who the fuck is this bitch?" Fez asks, feeling suspicious. He puts the car in park while Ashtray cocks the gun. Fez gets out to talk, I do my best on eavesdropping.

"Who the fuck is this, man?" he asks Custer lightly. "hi, I'm Faye" the girl waves. Fez only gives him a look and asks him again what she was doing here. They walk off to talk, making it harder for me to hear the incoherent mumbles. Still, I try.

"So good, I'm telling you. Like a fucking mouse."

"Okay whatever man let's just do this..."

"Faye! ... In the car!"

I watch as Faye walks over to the car, quick to make herself at home in his backseat next to us. I don't blame her, just look at the neighborhood we're in. "10-20 minutes tops, alright? Yall just please stay in the car. No fuckin funny business..." he trails off, eyes switching over to me. "You alright?" he asks. I nod and look down at his lips, secretly hoping he would kiss me.

Always the wrong times.

"Lets go" he says to Ash, taking one last look at me before walking off and leaving Rue and I alone with this drug addict barbie woman. Ashtray tags along behind Custer and Fez as the 3 men disappear.

"Hi, I'm Faye" she says to us, looking more at Rue than me. I wonder if drug addicts have a secret eye language communication that I don't speak.

"Hi Faye I'm uhh... Rue" she responds with a smile and an unwarranted fist bump. "I'm Sofi" I introduce myself with a smile as well.

"Hows your New Years going?" Rue asks her. just trying to make conversation. "What?" Faye has a dumb confused look on her face. "New Years" Rue repeated herself. There was a brief silence. "It's fucking New Years?" Faye asks the both of us, as if we committed a crime by not telling her sooner. "uhh I believe so" Rue replies.

"It's a new year" I add, already feeling stupid for talking. Nobody fucking asked. This car is getting hot and my stomach hurts. Plus my boobs are sweating already.

"I swear my boyfriend doesn't tell me anything" Faye throws her head back. I genuinely got a bad feeling in my stomach and went on my phone to Google pregnancy symptoms.

"My girlfriend AT the fucking train station... she left me, straight up" Rue explained. "She left you at a fucking train station, what a fucking cunt!" Faye responded.

"Yeah, I was like crying-" the 2 girls continued to conversate as I looked out the window,  making note of our surroundings. So ghetto, I thought to myself.

I kept wondering what was taking them so long, even though I had a feeling we would be here longer than any of us expected to be regardless.

The moment I turned my head back around, Faye was like... literally doing heroin. Rue also noticed this.

"Uhmm......" Rue raised her eyebrow, taking a few moments to actually comprehend what was happening right in front of us. Girl my jaw dropped to the floor. Heroin?

"...I... wouldn't do that... here?" Rue finished her sentence, unsure of how else to react. Rue began looking around, making sure nobody was lurking around the way. Faye gave us this look... like we were the crazy ones.

"It's just heroin"

???

"N-No, I see that, but maybe... I dont know I just dont think that like we should..... maybe this isn't the best place to do that?"

Rue kept trying to reason with the girl, I watched her pull out another baggie and ask "Why?" .... UMMM.

All jokes aside, I got a really bad gut feeling. I knew something was wrong. "I just feel like this is really not the time to be doingg thattt..." Rue said, looking even more blatantly sketched out than I was.

Something is not right here. I look above us, only to see some random woman looking back down on me from her apartment window. The air feels colder than it did before.

"Listen, I fucking know what you are" Faye spoke up again. "You're just a fucking junkie ass bitch and your probably eating that ginger's ass for fuckin oxys or whatever you're into..." she trained off, pulling out a crackhead lighter. I looked around once more, making sure there was no suspicious activity.

"Fuckin junky ass bitch... Fuckin hoe ass bitch...." Faye continued, bringing the lighter up to the spoon. Well damn. I thought Rue was something.

I hear shuffling & movement coming from outside, but I don't pay it too much mind. I am genuinely more  focused on the blonde woman who was inserting  literal heroin into her vagina. "Okay....Jesus that's your whole fucking crotch- Ow!" goes Rue, only she was a little bit too loud.

Before I even got the chance to speak or roll up any windows, 2 large sets of arms swooped in to grab me and Rue. As we got dragged out of the car, I noticed that Faye was also being kidnapped right along with us.

She dropped the spoon and attempted to fight the man back, only to be yanked violently from the back seat at the same time as us. Wow we really just got snatched up like this? This cannot be good... Where are they taking us?

__________
𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣