Chapter 29

Sofia's POV

He pushed his glasses back up over his eyes once we made direct eye contact, going back to sipping his martini and looking the opposite way. "Sof, you out there?" I heard Devin's voice coming from the glass doors of the main entrance. Shit.

Ashtray casually picked up a book and pretended reading it. Where the hell did that book even come from?

Devin approached us and I was too stunned to speak, not saying a word to Ashtray and focusing my attention back on Devin. "yeah, right here. what's up?" I ask him. "time to roll out, get dressed. I wanna take you somewhere" he says. "Okay, I'll be right there" I tell him, hoping to get a moment alone with Ash.

"Nah, we gotta go now if we wanna see the movie" he says. "The movie?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. "Yeah, I got us tickets already. It starts soon and we got a 15 minute drive" he says, not even bothering to specify what movie we were seeing. "I- Uh... okay, I'll get dressed" I say, grabbing my towel and the rest of my belongings before following him inside.

Ashtray's eyes followed me all the way to the door, and I looked back at him to catch one more glance. Just to make sure I'm not seeing things. Because if Ashtray is here... that can only mean 1 thing.

Fez has to be somewhere around here too.

____________________

"That was literally the most boring movie I have ever seen in my entire life" I insulted his choice in entertainment. "You... are not wrong." he agreed with me, opening the car door for me. "That popcorn was good as shit though" I mentioned. "Yeah, it was worth the shitty acting" he says, making me chuckle. Devin was funny... sometimes.

He takes me back to the hotel room, and I make my way into the bathroom to slip back into my bathing suit again. Before it got too late, I wanted to look around for Ash. See if I could find which room he's staying in. Maybe he would be sitting in the same spot as earlier, by the pool. If I take a swim now, I'd certainly see him before the night ended.

I walked through the long corridor, finally reaching the end of the hallway and taking a look outside. Ashtray was nowhere to be found. I take a closer look at my surroundings as I walk closer to the pool area, only to see something else. Fezco's car was parked outside.

As I open the door to go outside, I feel myself being pulled aside into the next room by a set of big hands. I gasped as the door shut behind us. Fez had me pinned against the wall gently, putting his finger over my mouth as if telling me to be quiet.

I look up at him, surprised that he had come all this way to see me. How he actually found my exact location within less than 24 hours. It was all beyond me. "Fez-" I was cut off when he pressed his lips against mine passionately, not explaining anything or giving me the chance to talk.

Without thinking, I kissed him back. I didn't care about the technicalities or the consequences of anything. In this moment, all I cared about was the feeling of him kissing me. Finally being set free and cleansed from all the times Devin had his hands on me this week.

He pulled away slowly, pressing his forehead against mine. "Tell me you didn't say yes to him" he says, and I immediately knew what he was talking about. "I didn't say yes. No ring on my finger, see" I said, showing him my hand. He seemed relieved. "Good to know." he says, looking into my eyes briefly.

"A relationship never stopped us before, right?" he says, licking his lips. He didn't give me a chance to respond, shaking his head slightly. "I missed you so fuckin much" he says, cupping my cheeks in his hands and kissing me again. I didn't try to stop him, I put myself in his shoes instead. If he was gone all week with some ex girlfriend on a vacation, I would need some reassurance too.