Chapter 23

Sofia's POV

Maddy had met up with Nate at a motel, and Fez had closed the door behind me once we were inside of his house. "My stomach hurts, is it okay if I just lay down for a while?" I ask him quietly. "Of course, I'll be in the room in a second." he tells me. I go to his room and set my things down, getting comfortable in his bed.

"You dropped something" he says, tossing one of my pads on the bed. Well that's fucking embarrassing. "Thanks, Fez" I mumble into his pillow. "What are you on your period or something?" he jokes with me. "Yeah, actually" I respond dryly. "Oh shit... my bad, uh... are you hungry or anything?" he asks, scratching the back of his neck. As if on cue, my stomach makes a loud growling sound. 

"Stay in here, I'm gonna go make dinner" he tells me. I smile to myself and cuddle into his bed sheets. Maybe I'll just take a nap...

____________________

I wake up to see that the room was dimly lit with candles, and I briefly checked my phone. 9 at night. I had only been asleep for an hour. Then I remembered Fez telling me that he was going to make dinner. I stretch before getting out of his bed, walking into the living room. The smell of spaghetti, meatballs and different vegetables filled my nose and I noticed that he had placed candles everywhere.

"Fez?" I ask softly, peeking into the kitchen. "You're up" he says, not looking over at me. He was cutting something up on the cutting board and I smiled to myself. "You did all this for me?" I asked, coming up behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist. I rested my head on his shoulder. "You didn't have to" I say, reaching up to kiss his neck.

"Chill, don't distract me it's almost done. Go sit on the couch for a few minutes I'll bring you your plate" he tells me with a small smile on his face. I sit on the couch and grab the remote, turning on Family Guy. I put the remote back down and realize that there was a freshly rolled blunt sitting in the ashtray. "Can I spark this?" I ask him. "I rolled it for you" he says. I hold back a smile. Fez is so nice to me. 

I spark the blunt and pass it to him when he comes into the living room, handing me my plate. "Thank you" I say with a smile, twirling the spaghetti around my fork. "What are you, a chef?" I joke with him. Seriously, Fez could be a chef. His food looks like it comes from a restaurant, but the smell of the house made it obvious that he cooked it from scratch. "Anything for you" he says, leaning down to kiss me.

"What was that for?" I ask with a smile as he pulls away, sitting down next to me and hitting the blunt. "You said I can kiss you whenever I want" he responds with a grin on his face. Ashtray barges through the door, not bothering to look at either of us. "I'm hungry as fuck" he says, walking into the kitchen and making himself a plate. "Nice to see you too Ash" I say. 

"Shit, I didn't even see y'all in there" he says, sitting at the table to eat. "Leave some for me though" Fez calls out to him. "Come get it then before I eat the whole pot" Ash responds, making Fez sigh. He gets up to make himself a plate, passing the blunt to Ash.

The rest of the night was calm, making me forget about the rough week I had at home. I was nearing the end of my cycle, which always was the most painful part of my period. But Fez made sure I was cozy. I feel safe here, away from my house. It almost feels like a second home to me. Plus, it was nice getting to know them more. We spent the night watching Family Guy and smoking while Ash counted money at the table, making conversation every now and then.

About an hour later, me and Fez were laid up in his bed while he rubbed my back. His bed is so warm, I thought to myself. "mmm this feels really nice" I tell him, feeling like I was ready to fall asleep. "you like that?" he asks, trailing his hands up and down my back. He seriously has the hands of a God. "yeah, go under my shirt again" I instruct him. Skin to skin contact is the best type of therapy. Devin never did things like this for me before.

After he goes under my shirt and continues massaging my back, I tell him to unclip my bra. He unclips my bra and runs his hand across my bare back, making me shiver from his touch. There is nothing that I could think of that I actually enjoyed more than this.

"You know, this kid Daniel is throwing a Halloween party tomorrow" I mention. "I heard. Am I gonna see you there?" he asks me. "For sure... I just don't know what I'm going to be for Halloween. I'll figure it out tomorrow." I say softly, snuggling closer to him.

Somewhere along the lines of our conversation, I fell asleep with his hand under my shirt rubbing my back. I haven't felt this peaceful in a really long time.

__________
𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣