Chapter 35

Sofia's POV

"We still argue, but I mean... things are actually better now, you know?" I update Fez through the phone. "I'm not gonna lie, I don't know whether to feel good or bad about that. As long as he not putting his hands on you and shit... thats good. But dont be falling in love with him now" he says.

"Never that. I only love 1 person" I said, licking my lips. "Who's that?" he asks. "You, obviously" I smile through the phone. I hear Maddy screaming at me from downstairs. "I love you too. You better send me pictures throughout the night" he tells me. "I will, Fez. I gotta go Maddy needs help with something" I say.

"Bitch hurry the fuck up! It's stuck in my hair" she shouts from downstairs. Fez hears her complaining and laughs, letting me go so I could help my sister.

____________________

Rubbing my belly in the mirror, I looked down and thought to myself, why do I feel this way? I ignored the feeling in my stomach and continued applying layers of sparkly highlighter to my face.

I look so hot, I thought to myself. "Bitch you look so hot" Maddy said from my doorway. "I know right, you too" I agreed, posing in the vanity mirror. I wore a silk pastel purple dress and THESE bad boys:

I sent a picture of myself to Fez that I took in the bathroom and he reacted to the message with a heart

I sent a picture of myself to Fez that I took in the bathroom and he reacted to the message with a heart. I smiled to myself, watching Maddy turn up the radio in the car from the back seat. Kat and her were jamming out in the front seat while I watched Fez type.

Fez: you look so fuckin good right now

Fez: he dont deserve you

Fez: It should be me

Fez: not him

I decided not to respond, putting my phone in my purse and letting myself enjoy tonight. I'll send him more pictures later.

____________________

"First of all, ew. Second of all, ew" Maddy says, eyeing the girl who Nate was grabbing by the ass as they walked by on to the dance floor. I rolled my eyes. It's always a blonde, isn't it?

"Maddy, don't" Cassie warned. I didn't see the problem with what she looked like she was about to do, so I kept my mouth shut. "Maddy, don't do it" Kat added. "Fuck this" Maddy says, getting up and grabbing the nearest guy to dance with her.

I don't blame her. "I guarantee you Maddy and Nate are gonna get married. And probably, like, divorced 3 times, and in some strange way live a pretty happy life" Kat mentioned. "Yeah" we all agreed. Rue raised her eyebrow and laid back in her chair, scanning the crowd for Jewels. She finally got up and walked off without a word, probably going to look for her.

"Come dance with me babe" Devin says, sticking his hand out for me to take it. "I'll catch you guys later" I tell the girls, taking his hand and following him to the dance floor. I know I've never said it before, but I love to dance. Maybe I got it from Maddy, watching her practice for her pageants and stuff when we were young. She taught me a thing or two.

We danced and took shots together, me winning the who could get more drunk contest. He liked me when I was drunk, so I decided that 7 shots wouldn't be the limit tonight. I wanted to have some real fun. I downed my 10th shot and followed him back to the dance floor.

After a few songs, I caught Cassie staring at us and giving me the death glare from across the room. Am I tripping? As soon as she caught me staring, she immediately looked away. Not my fault McKay didn't show up bitch. I wasn't sure what happened with them, but Maddy mentioned an abortion. I kinda felt bad but like... why is she staring over here?

"Sof I got a question" Devin asks me, a slow song coming on. I sway my hips to the rhythm and wait for him to ask his question. "Are you happy that we're back together?" he asks, a lump visible in his throat. "Of course I am, why would you ask?" I lie, pulling him closer. I was getting a little too good at this.

"You just seem... different, that's all" he says to me. Does he know? "What do you mean different, Dev?" I ask curiously. "I don't know... like... happier." he slurs his words, mumbling the last part. "Is that a bad thing?" I ask.

"No, of course it's not a bad thing. It's just... you're more uh, carefree. That's the word. You don't care about what I've been up to as much. I can't tell if it's because you trust me now or you just... really moved on this time" he says genuinely. Is he afraid of losing me?

"I don't care because I trust that you're smart enough not to play me again" I respond. A1 thinking, good liar. "I wouldn't play you" he says, holding me gently. "Again" I added, raising my eyebrow. "Again" he says, rolling his eyes.

I sigh, twirling to the music and ignoring his attempts to talk throughout the night. Just enjoying the music and dancing with him, ocassionally swapping places between Rue and Jules. I even got to dance with Lexi, and she never dances. Not that I've seen at least.

I sent Fezco pictures of me and my friends, minus Devin. He was silent throughout the night, not reacting to any of my pictures or even responding. I was beginning to wonder what he was up to.

The night was overall fun, mostly because I was extremely drunk. I said bye to Devin while Maddy helped me out to the car, my vision beginning to blur even worse. There was 3 of everything and I was laughing at absolutely nothing. My laughing stopped when I caught a weird vibe, watching Devin walking to his car.

I heard a ringing in my ear, but I knew that it was something only I could hear. Nobody else around me could sense what was going on. My eyes followed Devin until they landed on the car parked directly behind his. It looks like Fezco's car. Is it? No... he said that he had business to take care of tonight. He must be busy, I'm tripping.

I paused and looked through the window, noticing someone familiar. I couldn't see who it is, but I just knew he was watching me intensely. The man wore all black and he was masked up, the black mask covering the majority of his face. Not his eyes, obviously. It still made it difficult to see who it was, considering I was seeing 4 of him after staring for too long.

"Sof, what's wrong? What do you see?" Maddy asks. I stare at him a moment longer, realizing that it was probably a random person and it was rude to stare. "Nothing..." I respond to her, letting her help me into the back seat. I still coluldn't shake the negative energy caught.

As Maddy started the car, I watched Devin pull out first. The guy in the mask pulled out a few moments afterwards, tailing behind him... maybe following him? I'm trippin. I need to stop drinking so much.

I locked eyes with the guy in the mask, and I felt chills go down my spine. I couldn't tell who he was because of the face covering, but the look in his deep blue eyes was void.

It scared the shit out of me.

__________
𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣