Forty Six. The Hunt

CHAPTER FORTY SIX – The Hunt

|

"...AND HE WON'T BE FORGOTTEN. At least not anytime soon. According to his final video. Hollis buried that five million dollar treasure somewhere in the city that was the setting for most of his work. A poem he recited in the video is said to provide all the clues needed to locate it" Taylor Kelly's voice said through the radio. Vienna rolled her eyes putting the final dish away.

"Hate her so much" Vienna mumbled to herself drying her hands in the towel.

"Hate who?" Elena's voice said from behind her making her jump slightly.

"Where'd you come from?" Vienna asked with a slight chuckle.

"The living room, duh" She shrugged.

"I think I've been spending a little too much time with your aunt" Vienna told her with a smile, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, me and Chris finished our homework. Can you check our answers?" Elena asked her putting the pieces of paper on the counter. Vienna nodded.

"Of course. Do you two wanna go play in the backyard with Nova?" She nodded and walked out of the kitchen. The brunette glanced down at the paper pulled out her phone and opened the calculator. "How do they expect 5th grades to know this when I don't even though"

...

Eddie sighed, sitting down on the couch. "I had a crazy day" He said to her putting his arm over her shoulder.

"Why? What happened?" Vienna asked him glancing up from her phone.

"This stupid treasure hunt, have you seen it?" He asked her. She nodded.

"Oh, your first treasure hunt?" She asked with a smirk. He nodded furrowing his brows confused.

"W-Wait, is this a normal thing in LA?" He asked her.

"I mean. Sometimes some idiot posts a stupid riddle and it gets out of control...all the ones I've had to deal with were fake" She shrugged her shoulders.

"And how many are that?"

"3"

"But, what if this one's real" Eddie said to her. Vienna chuckled slightly.

"Oh, you're being serious?" She asked, Eddie nodded keeping a serious face. "Okay, what happens if this is real?"

"We could win 5 million dollars"

"Even if this is real. There are over 3 million people in LA and that's not counting the people coming from out of state. What makes you think we're gonna find it?"

"Uh... teamwork?" He suggested. The brunette chuckled and shook her head.

"Fine, we'll try find it...but we can't do it on our own"