Twenty Two. Christmas

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO – Christmas

|

✎

SCREAMS FOR ONE OF THE AISLE in the grocery shop, Vienna sighed pulling out her badge from her pocket and attached it to her belt, "Can't have one day off" She mumbled to herself and pulled out her taser just in case.

"Ma'am, drop the pepper spray!" Vienna told the woman holding the can of pepper spray before pepper spraying Santa in the face. The woman went to use the pepper spray on Vienna but before she could, Reyes used the taser as the crowd watching gasped.

"Sir, this burning is gonna go away. It's just gonna take a couple hours" Captain Nash told the man dressed as Santa.

"Long before you need to be back in the North Pole" Buck assured him, Vienna chuckled slightly.

"Is Santa Claus gonna die?" One of the kids asked Buck.

"Oh, hey. No, no, no. Of course not, and don't you worry. He's not really Santa" Buck said to the two kids.

"He's not real?"

"No, no, sweetie. He's just pretend" He replied.

"Oh my God" Vienna mumbled looking at Buck in disbelief.

"Santa's pretend?"

"That's right-"

"Buck, Buck, Buck" Bobby chimed in cutting Buck off, Buck turned to look at him as Bobby shook his head.

"What?" Buck asked confused.

"Dumbass" Vienna told her shaking her head Buck gave him a confuse glance.

"Did you just tell my kid Santa isn't real?" One of the mothers asked Buck walking over.

"Mm-hmm" Buck quickly looked over to Bobby and Vienna for help but the two looked away from him.

"Uh...no, no, I was- I was just explaining that this Santa isn't Santa" Buck told them as one of the other kids started to cry.

"Hey, Cody, what's the matter?" The father asked rushing over.

"Santa Claus isn't real" The kid cried hugging his father as the parent's glared at Buck.

"Good luck, Buck" She told him patting him on the back, "I have to go pick up Elena for baseball practice" and went to walk away.

"Uh, V?" Buck asked her and she slowly turned around. "Are we friends again?"

"Um, yeah I guess" The blonde shrugged and walked away.

...

"What you filling out?" Rossi asked her T.O. grabbing the gear for the day.

"Oh, just a report" Reyes replied quickly sighing the form.