Six. T.O.'s

CHAPTER SIX – T.O. ’S

|

✎

VIENNA'S EYES FLICKERED OPEN, glancing over to the bedside table where the alarm clock was, she groaned and ran her hands over her face.

"Did we do it again?" A gruff voice asked from besides her.

"Yep" She replied, rolling into her side to look at Buck.

"I thought it was just supposed to be a simple dinner date" Buck recalled, moving a strand of her hair out of her face, she chuckled. There was a knock on the bedroom door.

"Mom, I'm hungry!" As the seven year old knocked on the door.

"Shit" Vienna mumbled quickly getting out of bed. "I'll be there now! Just getting dressed!" grabbing her clothes off of the floor.

"What do you want me to do?" Buck asked her with a chuckle as she quickly put her bra on. She glanced over to the window. "What? You want me to climb out the window?!"

"I mean, maybe!" She whispered yelled. "And keep your voice down"

"You still haven't told your daughter?" He asked, she sighed putting her shirt on.

"You try explain to a seven year old that your dating someone"

"I'm dating someone, that's it" He shrugged, she scoffed while putting her jeans on.

"You're gonna be a great dad" She replied in a sarcastic tone, he rolled his eyes, she sighed and sat on the bed. "You can either climb out the window or wait till we leave" she teased before kissing him on the lips.

"I can't tell if you're joking" He chuckled as she stood up, she shrugged and walked out her bedroom closing the door behind her.

"Okay, so, what do you want for breakfast?" Vienna asked her daughter walking into the kitchen.

...

"All right, look alive. Look alive" Sergeant Grey told the officers standing at the front of the briefing room. "Officer Nolan, you ready?"

"Yes, sir"

"Good. Now, answer me this. What is your favorite part about the job?" Grey asked him. "And don't say, to make a difference"

"I wasn't going to" Nolan replied and paused. "But it is"

"What's your least favorite?"

"Oh, that's easy. Paperwork" Nolan answered. Captain Andersen walked into the briefing room wearing a police uniform instead of the normal clothing.

"Imagine how I feel. Most of what a captain does is paper" Andersen said to the officers. "'Cause of that, I feel like I've lost touch with what being a cop is really about. People, it's not only the citizens that we serve and protect. It's every single one of you in this room. So, to remedy that, I've decided Sergeant Grey and I are gonna ride patrol today"