One. The Rookie

CHAPTER ONE - The Rookie

|

✎

Tw: Overdose

The sound of the alarm clock woke Vienna Reyes up, she rolled on her side before turning the alarm off.

"How is it morning already?" Vienna mumbled, glancing at the time reading 7:30am.

After getting ready for the day she knocked on her younger sister Gabriella bedroom door before opening it. Vienna sighed looking at the empty bed, after the third time that week that the 15 year old had snuck out again.

She closed the door and opened the door to her youngest daughter's room. She walked over to the window and open the drapes letting the light into the room "Elena, wake up" She said softly, Elena groaned and sat up tiredly.

"Why does school start so early?" The seven year old asked her mother, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"I don't know" She shrugged. "What do you want for breakfast toast or cereal?"

"Umm, cereal!" Elena exclaimed, she chuckled and nodded.

"I'll make breakfast and you choose your clothes. Deal?" Vienna asked, Elena nodded and quickly got out of bed as Vienna walked out of her room and into the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready!" placing the bowl of cereal on the table.

Elena ran out of her room in her cute little outfit and sat at the table.

"Aww, love your outfit honey"

"Thanks mom! But where's Gabby?" Elena asked as Vienna put her bowl and cup of coffee down on the table and sat next to her daughter. "Did she sneak out again?"

She nodded, "I'll text her now" She answered with a sigh grabbing her phone from her jacket pocket. "She probably went to one of those parties again"

"When can I start going to parties?" Vienna looked at her confused.

"You're seven, when your older"

"Like Gabby's age?" Elena asked her with a grin, Vienna shook her head.

"No definitely not" She said with a slight chuckle before checking her watch. "Alright, hurry up, you're gonna be late"

...

Vienna walked into the briefing room and noticed the four new rookies sat at the front of the room "I completely forgot it was rookie day" Vienna said sitting down next to officer Bradford.

"How'd you forget?" Tim asked her.

"I have two kids to look after" She shot back crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, think of it like having a third kid with a gun" Angela teased, Vienna chuckled.

"All right, all right, Settle down" Sergeant Grey told the room full of talking officers making the room fall silent. "So, okay, we got some new blood this morning. And some pushing the expiration date. Get up" The four rookies quickly stood up from their seats. "After six months together in the Academy, you've earned the right to be here. But you'll have to prove yourself to stay. The way we do things matters. Protocol and tradition are the metal from which every cop in this city is forged. Understand?"