Fourteen. Santa Monica Pier

CHAPTER FOURTEEN  Santa Monica Pier

|

✎

THERE WAS A KNOCK AT THE FRONT DOOR, Vienna quickly rushed to answer it. "Oh, my God. Thank you Eddie. My car literally just broke down" Vienna sighed letting Eddie and Christopher into the house.

"Of course, we were going to the same place anyway" Eddie replied.

"I told you the car was old but did you listen? Nope" Gabriella said from the couch as Elena giggled from next to her aunt.

Vienna rolled her eyes, "And I told you not to put pink in your hair" grabbing her house keys.

"It looks cool though" as she got off the couch. "Are we still going to Buck's party?"

"Yes, where did you think we were going?" Vienna asked her, she shrugged. "Okay, let's go or were gonna be late"

...

"Surprise!" The party guests yelled. Buck walked down the stairs of Athena Grant's house making him jump a bit. Buck reached the bottom of the stairs and hugged his girlfriend.

The party was going great everyone was having fun and congrating Buck until things took a turn to for the worse.

"So, how does it feel to be back in long sleeves?" Summer asked Jackson and Lucy, Vienna rolled her eyes taking a sip of her beer.

"Well, I have come to peace with it" Lucy replied proudly.

"No, you haven't" Summer teased with a chuckle.

"No, I haven't" She sighed, taking a sip of her wine.

"Leave your fellow rookies alone, I can easily put you back in long sleeves" Vienna told her rookie giving her an unamused look, the other rookies chuckled and Summer quickly nodded.

"Your daughter's adorable" Lucy said to Vienna watching Mini Reyes play with the other kids. The conversation was cut short by the sound of coughing Vienna turned around to see Buck coughing while talking to Bobby.

"Buck?" Vienna asked, he took a step back looking at the blood on his hand before vomiting up blood. "Buck!"

...

"You got lucky" The doctor told Buck after Buck was rushed to the hospital. "Most people who suffer a pulmonary embolism don't do it surrounded by trained medical professionals. Saved your life"

"So, what caused the blood clot?" Maddie asked the doctor.

"Clots, plural" The doctor replied looking at Buck's chart. "There's the one that hit his lungs, and then there's two more in his leg. As to the cause? It's unclear" Vienna sighed pinching the bridge of her nose.