Chapter 9. Enchantment

Fox spirit

Fox spirit.

The beautiful young woman who deceitfully bewitched Elroy, shows her true colours by turning into her actual form. A fox spirit.

In Chinese mythology, fox spirits are known for disguising as women with captivating beauty, seducing young men and scholars in order to, after 1.000 years, turn into a nine-tailed fox god who would then be able to navigate through higher realms of tian - in other words, heaven.

This time, the cunning fox has chosen the mesmerising Elroy as her prey.

She scratches him on his chest, tearing his beautifully decorated emerald green clothes and leaving a mark that is starting to bleed.

While Ayden rushes towards the guy, Soraya and Aysu take it upon themselves to fight the spirit, both having wielded their swords by now. They work together like a true team. Whilst Soraya stands in front of the fox, Aysu covers her from the back.

Though, the spirit is too powerful for them to defeat it completely.

Soraya is bleeding from her mouth by the internal injuries the fox has caused. She pushes her sword into the ground, now down on one knee, she can't hold out much longer. Thereupon, Aysu holds her, sword still pointed at the cunning creature.

"Ayden, hurry!" Aysu shouts.

"Elroy!" Ayden tries to shake him out of his delusion. "Elroy, let's go!" he tries again, but the boy continues to smile and doesn't seem to hear anything right now. So, Ayden gives up and grabs him by the wrist to rapidly get them both on their horses.

Ayden and Elroy safely get on Ayden's horse. Too bewitched to ride his horse, Elroy sits behind the other boy. Not being in his right mind, he doesn't hold tight and risks falling off the horse.

Seeing the girls struggle, Ayden quickly tries to think of a solution. He grasps water from the earth beneath him, cracks now visible in the ground as it dries out, and uses it to create a long string of water to tie the pretty boy up.

The moment Aysu sees Ayden and Elroy are seated, she looks at Soraya. She looks back and they nod at each other. Then, Aysu uses her powers to blow them away from the spirit and onto their horses, Aysu lending Elroy's black horse for the time being.

...

With two out of four being injured, the group has no choice but to halt their travel for now. Aysu and Ayden set up a camp for the two to rest, Soraya and Elroy now laying next to each other, knocked out.

"What are we gonna do now?" Aysu asks Ayden, worried. "Soraya just needs to rest, but Elroy.."

"Oh! I know what to do!" Aysu says as she stands up with her finger pointing in the air. "There is a cure to the enchantment of a fox spirit. It's an elixir we can make using different herbs but the most important ingredient being a teardrop from the Dragon's eye." She starts to pace back and forth, arms crossed.

"Only problem is," she halts, "It's located in the Dragon's Lake. It won't be an easy task.." she says.

"We don't have a choice," Ayden comments. "Let's set off in half an hour. If you light a fire, I will get them some fish to eat in case we don't make it back by sunset."

"Okay. Let's do it," Aysu responds.

...

Meanwhile, Soraya slowly wakes up. To her surprise, her eyes meet with a smiling Elroy, laughing in his sleep.

"Lady, you look absolutely magnificent," he clumsily says in his sleep. He chuckles and puts his arm around Soraya, tightly holding her by her waist.

Too shocked to process what is happening, they stay like that for a while but Soraya quickly comes back to her senses and pushes him away.

"Elroy, you pervert!" she shouts.

He opens his eyes and contrary to what Soraya expects, he thinks she is the enchanting spirit they encountered.

"Don't be shy, come back here," he says with a smirk while looking half drunk. With full speed he runs towards the girl.

"Oh my god," she thinks to herself as reality sinks in. "This is absolutely insane."

She tries to avoid him by running away and throwing things at him while doing so.

It soon turns out he's too fast for her as he manages to grab her by her shoulders. Soraya tries to get out of his grip but then they both fall down.

Soraya on top of Elroy,

Their lips meet.