Furrowing my brows, I open my mouth to speak but he interrupts. "If this is the reason you're here, than leave and I'll contact you later to speak with my personal assistant." Scoffing, I carefully place my hair behind my ear as I smile, my teeth gritted.

"I'm sure I'm not the dense one here. Would you really like me to talk about the murder of my father — caused by your son by the way — to your measly personal assistant?" I mock the low tone in his voice when I mention his employee.  His eyes widen slightly at the mention of his son. Obviously I do not believe Taehyun killed my dad, but riling  him up will have to do.

I smile cheekily as my head tilts.

"You're not here for anything that I suggested you'd be here for?" I nod my head, not looking away from his gaze. Mr. Kang sighs in defeat, "You may begin this...assessment."

"Thank you" I say bitterly.

Some Time Later

Author's P.O.V

Taehyun was almost done with his questions.

It was very difficult to get her to talk at first. She held clear resentment and hatred for Taehyun. I mean to her, he's the reason her husband is deceased. However, Mrs. Lee was always a compassionate woman. She never screamed or sought out revenge on Taehyun when the incident happened and even after.

He was a child.

That's what Mrs. Lee thought and she also believed in the fact that it was a mistake. She forgave him silently, allowing him to date and from her perspective, break her daughter's heart. Mrs. Lee was an admirable woman.

So she let Taehyun in, sat him down. Offered and served him some water.

They talked, he asked and she answered.

Taehyun remembered the house like it was yesterday. The wooden floors creaked and the stairs were right near the front door. He could see a glimpse of Chaeryeong's teenage room. He reminisced sneaking in her room unnoticed as well as that one time he was caught by her sisters.

The house was a bit hold famished with it's rough carpet and older antique decorations. The house wasn't silent either. He could hear the water running through the pipes, and the floor creaks whenever he walked. His hands quivered and he was nervous but he did as he said he would.

After all, it was better to have him here than Detective Kim.

"I'm almost done, Ma'am" Taehyun says, anxious under her strong gaze. Enduring the death of her husband while also having to comfort and care for her kids was draining, as well as impacting. It was a very hard time for all of them, her husband, her best friend, and her parenting partner was gone.

In an instant.

After all that as well as Chaeryeong's troubled behaviour during her break up. Her eyes and the amount of warmth in them changed.

Aged.

Burned in struggle and finally forged into the aftermath of that pain.

"Now these final questions are going to be a bit more personal. So if you don't wish to answer, please say so." The adorable smile given to Mrs. Lee didn't do anything to sugarcoat or ease her upcoming reaction. "I was told that you went in a lunch date with Mr. Lee on the day he died. Hours before, can you describe to be anything weird he did or said?"