Chapter 14

Alex's POV

I do my last greetings at the door and somehow I'm always the one they wait for. I hear the car start and that is Stephanie's last warning.

"Okay bye!" I laugh and turn around running carefully through the rain before they leave without me.

I open up the back door and quickly get in but I see Maya already in the back. "Oh, I thought you were in front." I smile and close the door.

"No baby, I thought you were going in the front." She laughs.

"Well someone needs to get in the front seat because I'm not an Uber driver."

"But it's raining" Maya says with a slight pout and we both look at Stephanie.

"This is why we bought these big cars" she laughs. "One of you can climb over because I am not leaving this driveway until someone sits up front with me."

Maya and I just laugh at her annoyance but we also know she is serious. I don't blame her because I also don't like sitting alone in the front when I'm driving.

"You go honey" I smile and gently rub her thigh.

She leans closer to give me a soft but lingering kiss before she climbs over the console box. The journey to the seat does come with challenges though. Stephanie keeps squeezing her butt and every time she jerks a bit with a squeal.

"Baby, stop!" She laughs and grabs Stephanie's hands untill she finally takes her seat. "Ow, I hit my head!" She groans and slaps Stephanie's arm.

"I'm sorry" Stephanie laughs and leans over for a kiss but Maya denies her with a playful glare.

"I bet you wish you were an Uber driver now" I laugh. "Now you won't even get the tip."

Maya burst out laughing and Stephanie looks back at me with a shocked expression but then she laughs and looks forward again. "I will tip myself then" she mumbles which makes us laugh a little harder.

She finally pulls out the driveway and I'm sure Maya's parents were curious as to why we were standing in their driveway for so long.

"Can we ask what you and your dad talked about after dinner?"

"Of course lovies" she glances back at me and also Stephanie. "I was going to tell you, sorry." She smiles. "He knows about the baby"

"Oh really?" Stephanie asks in surprise and I sit up closer.

"What did he say?"

"I don't know if he knows about the planned abortion but he is going to talk to her. I just don't know when." She sighs.

"Do you think he will change her mind?" I ask. "You know, if she tells him."

"I don't think anyone can change her mind at this point. She wants to fix their marriage and another man's baby in the mix will just complicate things even more."

"Are they really gonna try to fix things?" Stephanie asks and I also wait for an answer with a curious frown.

"Apparently Lukey boy fucked around too" she laughs but it's her scary laugh. "So they are both guilty."

"Oh gosh" I sigh and sit back in the seat. "This is too much drama for me."

"For me too" Maya answers with the same tone.

"You should spend some time with me at the office." Stephanie laughs. "I have an incest case."

"What!" Maya and I both sit up in shock.

"Like, in one of the companies?" Maya asks and we both wait for Stephanie to answer.

"Yes, but I can't say anything more than that" she states in a soft chuckle but she obviously knows we will definitely ask questions so I go first.