Chaper 11

Alex's POV

"Baby?" I call on her and she turns around to look at me. "Why does it have to be this big again?"

"This is the best television on the market my darling" she says with a wide smile. "And can you imagine the resolution of the xbox game? It'll almost be like playing with a VR mask."

"So you bought a new tv just for your games?" I laugh.

"No" she says with a guilty smile. "It's for movie night as well"

"But our old television was fine?" I frown as we both look to the five people carefully putting it on the wall.

"We can put that one in our room" she smiles.

"And what happens to the one in our room?" I laugh.

"Well that one we can give away, it's a piece of crap."

I only laugh at her excitement and wrap my arms around her waist in a hug. She is really excited about the new addition and I'm not going to take that excitement away from her. It's a huge television and I honestly don't remember the conversation about this purchase but I have to admit, it's looks great.

"I'm going to my office" I whisper and kiss her cheek. "When you're done here, come keep me company please."

"Of course" She turns her head and gives me a quick kiss before I walk away.

After making a few calls to the hospital and completing some reports for my patients, I set out my schedule for the next week. I will then discuss is with Maya and Stephanie over the weekend which we will then send through to Abby.

She has been such a great help with the twins and they absolutely love her. Her studies at the moment makes her schedule very flexible and we are very appreciative of that. Some days she'll be here the whole day when the twins don't go to school and some days she'll only be here in the afternoons after we pick them up from school.

I'm honestly not comfortable with someone else driving with the kids yet but I know when they get older I'll have to just accept it. One day they'll have to go to school every single day and we won't be able to pick them up after school or take them to their activities after school.

But for the next few years, we will drive them.

I bend over into my drawers to get a file and as I stand up I hear footsteps coming down the hallway.

"Best television in the world"

I laugh at her opening line and turn around to see her falling down on my couch.

"Woah baby, it's cold in here" she says with a slight shiver and I immediately reach over for the aircon remote.

"It's nice and cool" I say but turn the temperature up by a few degrees as I take a seat down at my desk.

If I keep it at its original temperature she won't stay here for too long.

"It's actually hot today."

"It is hot" she says and I see her glancing out through the window. "But your office gets more sun than mine. Maybe we should switch."

"We can switch if you want too" I smile up at her. "Just not today please."

"Fuck no" she groans and makes herself comfortable with another pillow. "I'm tired"

"Don't you have to work?" I laugh because it's Wednesday and all she did was go to the store to buy the television.

"I do have some work but I think I'm going to call in sick."

"I don't think you're boss will be very happy about that."