Chapter 7

Maya's POV

"Here you go Chef"

I turn around and see a waiter standing in front of me with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Did I order this?" I ask in slight confusion and try to think if I maybe did.

"Yes, the order came from Adeline" he says a bit hesitant.

I take a second to retrace my steps and I don't remember being in the restaurant this morning.

"I didn't-"

"Ah thank you so much"

I slightly chuckle at the sound of her voice and turn around to see Jamie with a big smirk on her face.

"Stop confusing my staff, asshole" I laugh and meet her halfway for a big hug.

"It's nice to feel like the boss every once in a while." She shrugs and takes the coffee from the waiter. "Thank you"

He glances between us a few times and then gives Jamie a polite smile before walking away.

Not all my staff know that I have a twin sister and just like my wives, she loves to patronize them whenever she comes to visit me at the restaurant.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her and turn around to continue cutting the salmon in preparation for lunch.

"A few reasons actually" she says and takes sip of her coffee.

"Okay?" I glance up at her with a curious smile.

"Firstly, is obviously because I missed you and I love you and I don't have to pay for my coffee and so forth." She chuckles and leans against the counter beside me.

"And then I have some news about mom and dad."

I immediately look up and give her all my attention. "What about them?"

"I think they are planning to move to Denver."

"What?" I immediately turn to look at her in shock.

"I was at their house in the week and dad kept telling me about how nice it is in Colorado."

"But why Denver?"

"I don't know it's something to do with the scenery." She shrugs. "I think New York is just to busy for them."

"But their grandchildren are here?" I frown.

"I don't think they'll go now. I wouldn't worry too much about it" she shrugs.

"Okay" I sigh and just continue with the salmon. "But I'll still ask them about it."

"Okay, but I have something else to tell you"

"Okay, I'm listening" I say but don't look up at her.

"I'm pregnant"

I immediately look up at her and try to read her expression because I'm not really sure how she feels about it.

I know she went through a phase where she wanted another baby but she decided against it.

And now she tells me this.

"Okay, congratula-"

"Lucas is not the father"

"What!" I yell but with that I feel a sharp pain in my hand.

"Oh my gosh Maya!" Jamie's eyes go wide and I look down to see blood dripping down on the floor.

I see a deep cut running from my palm to the bottom of my thumb and the blood is running quite fast.