Chapter 3

Stephanie's POV

Two sleeping babies in their cribs and my beautiful wife laying in my arms. Everything is quiet around us and I've been enjoying every minute of it but I know it will come to an end soon.

The kids need to wake up otherwise we'll have another difficult night on our hands.

I slowly run my fingers through Alex's hair and she softly groans into my neck.

We've been watching a movie and she promised she wouldn't sleep but it didn't last very long. I felt her slow and steady breathing against me and I didn't have to heart to wake her up.

I know she is tired because she couldn't have slept more than three hours this morning.

Just as I bend down to kiss her head we both get a message notification.

"If that's Maya saying she's running late, I'm burning down that fucking restaurant"

"Woah baby" I laugh in shock as I reach over the couch to get my phone. "Why so violent?"

She only chuckles because she isn't really serious. I know she just wants Maya to come home and she's getting frustrated that it's taking so long.

She said she would be here an hour ago but she got caught up again.

I open up the message and read it out loud.

Maya🤍 : I'm sorry lovies. I'm stuck in traffic, apparently there is a pipe burst down the road. I'll see you a little later. I love you.

"For fucks sake!" She slightly yells and turns her face into my chest.

"It's okay sweetheart, she'll be here soon" I whisper and kiss the top of her head.

"I just want to have my whole family together." She whines and holds me tight around my neck.

"I know baby" I say in a soothing voice and rub her back. "I want that too"

I feel her take a deep breath and her hand reaches into my hair, softly massaging the back of my head.

"Let's go get the kids and play outside." I whisper and kiss her head.

"Okay" she smiles up at me and I lean down to kiss her.

I feel her smiling against my lips with a soft moan. I go in for a second kiss which automatically gets a little deeper.

With her lips still against mine she changes her position to straddle my lap. She cups my face and gently slides her tongue into my mouth.

I hold my hands on her ass and push her hips up against me. She lets out a soft moan and I feel my stomach twist which makes me kiss her harder.

I feel her hands move down to my stomach and just as her hands sneaks into my shirt a soft cry comes through the baby monitor.

With her lips against mine we both take a deep breath and pull back.

"So we are never having sex on this couch again?" She chuckles and gets off my lap.

"Not never" I smile and stand up with her. "Maybe when they are older and out on a play date." I whisper and wrap my arms around her waist.

"Can that be tomorrow?" She groans and rests her head back against my shoulder as we walk to the stairs.

"You say that now but we both know the moment we see their faces, we will change our minds."

"I know" she smiles and I give her cheek a few kisses before we go up the stairs.

I was ready to walk behind her but she laces her fingers with mine and I gladly keep close to her.