Chapter 13

Maya's POV

Alex parks the car in the driveway but nobody moves. I take a deep breath in and throw my head back with a loud groan. Alex reaches over to hold my hand and then talks in a low voice.

"If you feel like screaming at her, just leave the room."

"And don't throw anything"

"I'm not going to throw anything" I chuckle. "I'm not mad anymore, I just want to know why."

"We'll be right there if you need us okay" Stephanie says from the back and I look at her with a appreciative smile.

"Yes, so can we go in? I have to pee" Alex says in a nervous tone which makes us laugh and get out the car.

"You should really see someone about that" I suggest in a serious tone as we walk up to the front door.

"Nobody can help me with this" she sighs. "This is one of the sacrifices for having a baby."

Stephanie and I immediately reach out to give her some comforting kisses. "And we appreciate that so much baby"

"We love you"

She only chuckles but enjoys the affection before we walk through the front door.

"Hello my darlings"

We smile at the first person we see and greet my dad with warm hugs. The next person to come around the corner is my mother and I can tell she is busy with dinner.

We all walk to the kitchen and as we enter I see Willow and Hailey busy cutting up some vegetables.

"This makes me so happy" I smile. "You can come work for me anytime."

"Not a chance" Willow is the first to respond.

"I'm also okay, thanks sis" Hailey follows after with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, you two are terrible at this" I sigh as I look down at the cutting board.

"Maya I swear-"

"Woah" my mother cuts in right as Willow gives me death glare. "Can we please not fight about this?" She pleads. "Jamie is waiting for you outside."

"I love you Willy" I chuckle and give her a big fat kiss on the cheek.

"Maya! Stop!" She laughs and throws me with a piece of potato.

"Yes, please stop" Stephanie groans and I laugh at her disgusted look. She hates it when I tease Willow with that nickname, only because she hates the word.

I've tried using it in relation with Jonah's penis but everytime a clear shiver would run down her spine.

"Sorry baby" I laugh and blow her a kiss before I walk out the kitchen.

I take a deep breath as I look through the glass door and see Jamie sitting on the couch outside.

I walk outside and close the door behind me. Jamie is looking right at me as she pulls her feet up on the couch. I can feel the whole mood change and I'm not surprised. Our relationship has taken a hit this week and it's mostly my fault. I wasn't the supportive sister I had to be.

I let her down and that's why we have to talk right now.

"If you're going to yell at me, can you please just do it later? I just want-"

"I'm not going to yell" I cut her off and take a seat right in front of her on the table.

She takes a deep breath and I can see her shoulders slumping in defeat. Even though I'm still mad at her, I've realized that yelling at her or expressing my anger about this won't make things better. This has to be a serious conversation and for that to happen, she needs a chance to talk as well.