The Truth

Enjoy.

It has been a month since the disappearance of (y/s/n). (F/n) was perseverant on finding her sister which made Ash a little annoyed, but whenever he thought of that eventful day, he went back to that supportive boyfriend and comforts her with sweet words. That's what your other one is supposed to do right? Always be there for you through thick and thin.

"Did the police even do their work?" (F/n) asked weakly at Ash. She had just come back from another failed search.

"(F/n), how about we stop the search?" Ash was about to continue his words when (F/n) started throwing things at him, fury burning in her eyes.

"What do you mean by that?! That's my sister!" (F/n) was about to leave the room but her movement stopped when Ash gently grabbed her wrist.

"Baby, I didn't mean it like that. I know you're worried about her, but you should think from her point of view," tilting his head slightly to take a good look at his beloved.

Facing her confusion, Ash smiled, "Your sister is big enough to handle herself. There's no news on any crime activity lately, which means she is safe out there. She might be scared to show up because you're making a big deal out of it. Her posters are everywhere and police officers are on the search 24/7. Don't make her more nervous than she already is. Give her time and she will come back on her own after she has sorted out her mind."

Ash waited patiently when (F/n) was silent. He knew she was reconsidering her decision. He knew he had succeeded. When (F/n) gave a slight nod at his suggestion, Ash decrease their distance and enclasped her waist. His chin rested on her head and a wide wicked grin spread on his face.

"My brother called me this morning. They have arrived and his wife invited us for dinner later," a snort escaped when he saw how nervous (F/n) suddenly became.

"My brother is not going to eat you. We're just having dinner," Ash patted her back, trying to help her calm herself.

"Still, this is my first time meeting your family. How can I be so casual?" While getting to know Ash, he informed that he lost his parents when he was a child and fully depended on his brother. She could imagine how important this brother figure was in his life. How can she not be nervous? What if his brother doesn't like her and uses his veto power to force Ash to break up with her?

Seeing her mind fixed on other things relieved him. Hearing her sister's name every single second revolted him.

"We might stay a night there, bring what you need," (F/n) rushed to their bedroom to pack their necessities.

-❖-

Ash stopped his car in the driveway of his brother's house. Both Ash and (F/n) walked through the agape silver gate and went up to the front door of the two-story house. Before Ash could press the bell, Seith and his wife, Emily had already opened the door. Welcoming them with great enthusiasm.

"Come on in!" Seith greet them with a smile, stretching out his hand for a handshake with Ash while Emily pulled (F/n) for a hug. (F/n) awkwardly return the gesture, wasn't this too intimate to do on their first meeting?

"I heard what has been going around in your family. You have my condolences," Emily whispered after noticing how stiff her body was. (F/n) tightened her hug, trying her best to hold back her tears. Ah, how she missed her family.

"Let's head to the kitchen. It's dinnertime soon," Emily said, pulling (F/n)'s hand towards the kitchen the men went toward the living room.

"It must have been hard for you lately. Hopefully, you can get through it. After all, prolonged sadness will affect you later on," Emily patted her shoulder gently.