Beating Hearts

Enjoy.

They had a hearty meal that noon before starting their journey to her parent's house. It was a two hours drive as her parents lived in a different state after retiring.

(F/n) clenched her fists nervously as they neared the neighbourhood. The familiar streets and buildings made her purse her lips. She missed this more than she thought she would.

Ash swerved the car into her parent's driveway. A two-story house stood tall in front of them, with a garden at the back and a gazebo at the corner. And this time, her parents were sitting at the gazebo while having tea. She almost rushed out of the car towards her parents but still remember her conduct.

After Ash locked the car, she walked alongside him to the gazebo. Her parents were surprised and stood up from their seats as they waited for her arrival.

"You girl! How long have you not visited us?" Her mother scolded her with red eyes. (F/n) hugged her mother and pouted, saying she was busy with work.

"Work will never end but you need to keep your health in check," her father frowned when he studied her. Seemingly noticed that she had lost some weight. (F/n) stuck out her tongue at his father before nodding quickly when she earned a glare from him.

Ash observed from the side of her interaction with her parents. Fingers rubbed together as a glint flashes slightly in his eyes before disappearing as soon as it came.

"When are you going to tie the knot?" (your father's name) asked after watching his daughter go inside with the luggage. Ash took a seat in front of them and answer their inquiries one by one.

"My brother is still abroad. He wanted to be there on my big day, so I hope you can allow me some time. I have asked (F/n) about this and she was okay with it," Ash put his hands on his thighs. Not nervous, but more annoyed.

(y/f/n) nodded as he acquiesced to his reason. He was not so fond of his daughter living with a man who is not legally her husband. But what can he say, this is what his beloved daughter wants, he couldn't just force her to do something she doesn't want to.

"As long as you know the limit and know how to appreciate my daughter, I would not mind," (your mother's name) smiled softly at him. She had heard her daughter sing praises and rainbows about this boyfriend of hers on the phone causing her to be brainwashed into thinking that it was true.

"I will not disappoint you," Ash half-heartedly smile. Becoming more and more annoyed at this meaningless topic. How funny of them for thinking he would be bored of their daughter. It was an insult to their daughter.

How lovable she was. How precious she was. Only he knew about it. Who are they to question about their love? Who are they to keep urging him again and again? He excused himself to keep himself in check from killing these two people.

-❖-

Ash stepped inside her room but couldn't see anybody inside then heard a sound from the bathroom. He proceed to the bed and took a seat there while he wait for her.

"Hmm? Why are you here?" (F/n) asked as soon as she walked out of the bathroom. With towel in one hand; drying her (h/l) hair.

"Where else should I be?" Ash raised an eyebrow.

"The guest room of course. I put your luggage there," she gave him a goofy smile.

Ash frowned when he heard her answer, "We have slept together for so long, why need to separate now?"

"Hey! That sounds wrong! We never do that okay," (F/n) turned red, fanning herself to keep herself from feeling hot.

Ash smirked at her. His mood to tease her is back, "What's wrong? Not now, but sooner or later or maybe, tonight?"