Chapter 13

Today was the day of the sports festival and here I was in my room munching on some snacks as I watched anime. It was almost time for lunch break and I had Ro update me on whats going on.

Early in the morning today, I called Hirata putting on the weakest voice I could muster as I told him I wouldnt be able to participate. Hirata being Hirata understood and gladly let me take rest.

Everything that happened today was just like in the Light Novel. From Horikita being injured to Sudou getting frustrated. Ryuen is pulling all his dirty tricks to make sure we wouldnt succeed. I am pretty sure he would have been surprised to know that I didnt participate but hey, it is what it is.

I left my room when it was lunch break because I wasnt in the mood to cook. "Maaya!" I heard a familiar voice in the cafe. "Ryu!" I smiled while we both chose to eat together.

"You never intended on participating did you?" He asked knowing me well. "You know me Ryuu." I chuckled as I dug in. "I heard that you guys were doing great. Keep it up!" I congratulated him. "I didnt do much. Ichinose is the one trying hard to keep things in order." He said making me look at him.

"You both look so cute together you know. You should ask her out." I said wiggling my eyebrows at him suggestively. "I dont think so." He deadpanned making me pout. I definitely ship the both of them.

"Whyyyy? You dont like her? Oh! Or perhaps you like someone else?" I asked curiously when he looked so flustered making me gasp. "You fucking asshole! You never told me! Who is the lucky one?" I asked extremely excited.

Ryuuji never showed any interest on girls. He was really popular and had several girls fawning over him even in elementary school. I have had several girls come to me and ask to help them talk to Ryuu when we were younger.

But he paid them no attention and it always made me wonder if he is not into girls. Its not like I will judge him for that. I will definitely support him. So yeah, I am really curious now. "T..there is nobody." He stuttered making me smirk. "Aww.. is little Ruru shy?" I asked teasingly making an irk mark form on his forehead due to the nickname.

"No!" He replied as he looked away to avoid eye contact making me sigh. "It okay if you dont want to tell me Ryu. I understand." I said not wanting to push him for an answer. I mean, I still didnt tell him about Kiyo so its not fair for me to make him answer about his love life.

"I.. its not like that.. I just.." he stumbled over his words making me look at him. He then took a deep breath and looked at me. There was something different in the look in his eyes and for some reason I couldnt figure it out. "I will tell you soon." He said making me smile as I shrugged off the weird look he had.

"Sure thing!" I replied when we were interrupted. "You skipped the sports festival and here you are on a date?" It was none other than Ryuen Kakeru. "What I do is none of your business dictator-kun." I replied not even bothering to look at him. I then felt my hair being yanked as I was made to face the magenta haired male while Ryuu stood up abruptly.

"I never thought you were a coward." He said as his breath hit my face. He was close. "Let her go now Ryuen, before I call sensei." Ryuji said, anger evident in his voice. "You are free to assume whatever you want." I said calmly making him release me.

"You will be crushed soon." He said and left definitely pissed making me sigh. From the corner of my eyes I noticed Sudou. I would have gone to talk to him but I know I am not the right person to do that. Horikita is the one who can bring him back to the field.

"Are you okay?" Ryu asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder, concern lacing his voice. "I am perfectly fine. The break is about to be over. You should get going." I said and even though he looked hesitant he took my word for it and left.