Chapter 8

I entered the house and the stench of blood filled my nose alerting me. In ran inside and was met with the bloodied bodies of my parents.

"Mom! Dad!" I called them out but heard no response. I reached them shakily and checked for a pulse. But there was nothing, they were gone.

A loud crashing sound caught my attention. I rushed upstairs from where the sound came. When I reached there I saw Ro with a knife plunged deep into his abdomen as he groaned in pain. "Ro!" I screamed as I tried to apply pressure to his wound to stop the bleeding.

"You should run Maaya." He said weakly as he raised his bloody hand to wipe away my tears. I didnt even realise I was crying. "How.. what happened..?" I said as I tried to process what I am seeing as his blood seeped through my hands.

"This is all because of you." I heard another voice making me snap my head in the direction of the voice. There he stood.

Levi Ackerman!

Levi Ackerman!

"You killed your own family Mackenzie. This is all because of you." He said as he made his way towards me. "Th.. thats not true. I love my family. I would never do something like this to them." I said shakily making him laugh. "Love...? Thats not something you are capable of little sister. You are nothing but a killer who will ultimately destroy your own family." He said.

I... am not a killer.

No..

Thats not who I am.

"Yes you are. Now die!" He said as he swung a knife to my throat.

I jolted awake from my sleep trying to get oxygen into my lungs. I rushed to the bathroom and splashed water on my face to calm myself down.

I clutched my head trying to get rid of the bloody images of my parents and Ro. Eversince I remembered my past, I sometimes get nightmares like these.

Nobody knows about it except Ro since he was there near me once I woke up from my nightmare screaming when I was like 10. I convinced him it was due to the scary movie we saw the day before.

I havent had one in so long, I almost forgot how terrifying my past life was. Had Levi been in this life, I wouldnt doubt for a second that what I saw in my dream was real. He was capable of something like that.

But no. There is no Levi here. I am not Mackenzie Ackerman. I am Maaya, Kouenji Maaya. I am not a killer. I am just a high school student. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, I.. I am not killer. I didnt take any innocent life.

I sat on my bed as I checked the time. It was 5.57am. The summer break started a few days ago. I always have problem with my sleep due to my improper sleeping schedules I managed during my world tour before joining ANHS.