Chapter 9

Ayanakoji Kiyotaka's POV:

I reached the theatre room of the large cruise ship. We are currently on an extravagant two week trip arranged by the school. It was night time when I recieved a text from Chabashira sensei to meet her at the theatre.

I made my way inside and noticed a few people practicing the play 'The wings of Icarus' for tomorrow's show. I spotted Chabashira sensei and took a seat to her right skipping the one immediately next to her.

"What is it?" I asked her as my eyes were on the play. "A few days ago, a certain man contacted the school. He said to expel Ayanakoji Kiyotaka." She said and I immediately knew who it was.

So he finally does somethin about it huh? But the real question is what does she want?

"What could that mean I wonder! I dont know who that person was but you know you cant expel someone without a reason." I replied without any reaction. "Ofcourse! As long as you are a student here, the rules will protect you. But if you cause any trouble, thats a totally different matter." She stated.

"Too bad though. Unlike the arrogant Icarus, I dont pick fights with the sun." I replied. "Your intentions dont matter. If I decide that you are a problem, thats what you really are." She said with a hint of underlying threat. "Are you threatening me?" I asked bluntly.

"I am negotiating. If you say that you will aim for class A, I will give you a blank check for insurance. A good deal dont you think?" She asked. "No! It isnt for me." I said being done with her as I stood up to leave. "Then I am afraid Ayanakoji..." she started making me stop in my tracks.

"You are going to be expelled and lose your freedom." She finished and I didnt waste any time as I grabbed her by the collar. "And you still call yourself a teacher?" I asked keeping my tone neutral as I supressed my rising anger but she didnt even flinch.

"Make your decision now, will you aim for Class A or get expelled?" She asked while looking into to my eyes. I stayed silent for a while before I released her. "You may come to regret trying to manipulate me." I warned her. She has no idea who she is dealing with.

"Fear not. My life is already full of regrets." She said with a smile that displayed anything but happiness. I left after that processing everything that happened within a span of 20 minutes.

I stood on the upper deck of the cruise as I looked at the calm yet raging sea. Thats how I felt now.

I recalled her words

I recalled her words. I am 100% sure it was my father who contacted the school. I knew I would be safe as long as I remain a student here but if she is going to play dirty, I guess it wouldnt hurt to go along with it a little before I could figure things out.

I could make things happen as long as I have the necessary pawns. Horikita is definitely a useful one but she is smart. There is a certain limit as to how much I can manipulate her. Manipulating Maaya is out of the question. She will see right through me. The only way to get her to help is ask her directly for it.