Chapter 3

I made it back to the banquet hall and noticed that all the kids there were going somewhere. I blinked in confusion when Ryuuji came to rescue.

"Where were you?"

"I was searching for the restroom. Where are all of them going?" I asked.

"Well, the parents are going to attend some boring presentation so we kids are going to the theatre in this hotel. We are going to watch Jujutsu Kaisen 0. Come on lets go." Ryuuji said as he dragged me along with him.

As we reached near the theatre, I saw a snacks corner. "Hey Ryuuji, I will buy us some snacks. Save a seat for me will you?" I asked innocently.

"Sure. Get me some caramel popcorn." He said as he entered the theatre making me sigh in relief. "Sorry Ryuuji." I said to nobody as I walked back to the banquet hall. Outside of the hall stood a man which I guessed was a body guard.

It wasnt hard to get past the body guard. I got in sneakily and settled myself in a place where others couldnt see me as I observed what was going on.

Just as I thought, there he was.

Ayanakoji Kiyotaka.

His father was talking about his achievements as if he was some product to be sold

His father was talking about his achievements as if he was some product to be sold. I clenched my fists trying to contain my anger and some unpleasant memories from my previous life.

'I am not Mackenzie Ackerman anymore. I am Kouenji Maaya.' I said to myself.

"My son here is the masterpiece of the fourth generation. The 4th generation went through a particularly hard curriculum and he succeeded in all of it. He has defeated several adults trained in combat without much effort." He spoke with a beaming smile which was fake.

"There are several kids abandoned as babies due to teen pregnancy, illegitimate pregnancy and several other reasons. Every kid in the white room program, even the ones that dropped out are smarter and stronger than kids their age. This project will soon be the future of Japan." Atsuomi said and I saw many people nodding their head in agreement.

I took a deep breath as I stood up from behind a chair I was hiding and my breath hitched once my eyes locked with Kiyotaka's.

"Is it okay if I challege him?" I spoke loudly after breaking eye contact with him catching everyone's attention.

"Maaya! What are you doing here?" My dad asked surprised. "I am sorry to interrupt. I was just curious and I already watched the movie." I said and locked eyes with Kiyotaka's father, Ayanakoji Atsuomi.

"You said that he defeated several adults trained in combat, so can I challenge him? It shouldnt be hard for him to defeat someone his age right?" I asked, my tone hinting a challenge.

"Maaya.. what are you..?" My mom asked and I brought up the best puppy eye look I could. I see Ro do that all the time. Works like a charm.

"Please mom, I want to know what is so special about him." I said and I could see the worry in her eyes. She didnt want me getting hurt.