Fading Dawn

Thoughts'

"Talking"

[Class or skill] = [Time or Place] = [Magic items]

「Spell」

(Warning: the scenes can be inappropriate and a bit brutal.)

[Au: I recommend reading the previous chapters so that you will not get confuse about what they are saying]

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

Nyar is in his quarters, sharing wine with high-ranking military officers. They are contemplating a change of religion and considering transforming the holy government into a vassal kingdom under the Sorcerer Celestial Empire.

"The populace won't accept this... annexation. We can still pledge ourselves to the Supreme One. Once the people acclimate to the Empire's society, we can revisit this discussion." Nyar said regally, sipping a cup of wine

"The Cardinal Council will oppose this, I know" Grand General Robert said, as the news of the Cardinals and Pontifex are now in good condition and overtook the Cardinal Council.

"Agreed, their authority will be stripped away. We need to-" One of the Generals interrupted by a knock on the double doors. Before the maid can open the door, several holy knights and magic casters, fully armed, storm into the room.

"Cardinal Nyar, your position as Cardinal is revoked. You are under arrest for treason and heresy by order of the Cardinal Council. We ask that you come with us peacefully." Holy knights outside draw their swords, as do the White Rose Paladins.

"This is outrageous! Sheathe your swords immediately!" An officer orders, his face flushed with anger. Their guards draw their swords, awaiting orders.

"On behalf of the Theocracy Military! This is unacceptable!" Robert shouting with rage.

"Calm yourselves, gentlemen. I will surrender peacefully, Holy Commander," Nyar says. Bolbothan, outside the room, gestures, and the White Rose Paladins sheathe their swords, leaving the Theocracy knights bewildered.

"Cardinal! They will exploit their power if you allow them to imprison you!"

"If you trust me, General, you will order your men to lower their swords and remain calm. There is no need for bloodshed," Lord Nyar says in a soft tone

The Holy Commander, still looking uneasy, places anti-magic chains on Nyar's hands. The Military Generals, their faces twisted with disdain and rage towards the Holy Knights, reluctantly order their guards to sheathe their swords. The Holy Commander then escorts the former Cardinal out of the room. The Holy Knights try to appear calm but are visibly frightened as the gaze of the White Rose Paladins seems to pierce their souls.

The Holy Commander leads Nyar to the throne room, filled with the Lords and Ladies of the Slane Theocracy. All thrones are occupied by the Cardinals, except for one - Nyar's seat. The gasps and murmurs grow louder; they expect the White Rose Paladins to protect their benefactor and the Theocracy Military to support him. When they reach the base of the flight of stairs, the Holy Commander attempts to push Nyar down, not forcefully, out of respect for the former cardinal. Nyar willingly kneels and bows down.

"What happened, Nyar? We just took a break, and you've incited a civil war!"

"It's also suspicious that all of us fell ill except for you."

"And spreading a heretical religion, Cardinal! You've brought chaos to this realm!"

"We bow to no other gods, only our own."