The Unexpected

'Thoughts'

"Talking"

[Class or skill] = [Time or Place] = [Magic items]

「Spell」

(Warning: the scenes can be inappropriate and a bit brutal.)

[Au: Comment if there are incorrect spelling or phrases.]

[Au: this chapter is long so sit tight and enjoy!]

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

In the troubled city of E-Rantel, life appears normal on the surface, but beneath the facade, tension rises

In the troubled city of E-Rantel, life appears normal on the surface, but beneath the facade, tension rises. The people, when questioned, reveal a heaviness in the air, fueled by rumors spreading like wildfire. Nobles, whether willingly or reluctantly, supported the ongoing war by contributing gold coins and militia. Curiously absent are the Emperors and Empresses, their absence in the public is becoming problematic to the populace, and the doubt grows much faster.

As days pass, the crisis deepens. Food and essential supplies grow scarce, yet no one dares to protest openly. The menacing presence of the Death Knights suppresses any hint of defiance or rebellion. In the bustling market, prices soar, leaving ordinary citizens struggling to afford even basic necessities. A brawl erupts because a man punches a merchant because of the unreasonable price of bread, chaos ensues, and the City Guards arrive too late to restore order.

One man, desperate to provide for his family, grabs potatoes and bread before hurrying home. The roads, devoid of Death Knight patrols, pose their own dangers as gangs starting to took control and syndicates are rising in the Capital. Behind closed doors, he faces his daughter, a young girl of six, soon to turn seven. Her innocent eyes reflect the uncertainty of their situation.

"Father!" she exclaims, seeking comfort.

He embraces her tightly, aware that her upcoming birthday will be far from special. The noble who once employed him has dismissed him, leaving the family vulnerable. His wife's worried touch on his shoulder prompts discussion.

"What do we do now? Can you find work?" His wife said with her loving voice. "If you need any help, I get a job"

"No," he replies, "these times breed opportunists and will harass you. We must leave this city immediately tomorrow."

But fate seemingly had other plans for them as a deep voice echoes through their home, and the man's protective instincts kick in. He faces a figure clad in jet-black armor, adorned with mystical beast scales and spikes protruding in the man's both shoulders. Beside the unknown black knight stands a woman clad in pink armor and her expression is devoid of emotion which is not expected of a woman clad in pink armor.

"Who are you?" the man asks, shielding his wife.

"I am nobody," the dark knight dismisses. "A man or a being you'll soon forget."