Chapter 22 Becoming an adventurer

Rimuru Pov:

I enter the adventurer guild and get a lot of glares form every one present. Wat is up with them? We walked up to the counter and announced my presence.

"Hello there brat. Get out of here we don't need some noble ass swooping around here and impede our work." I looked at him with cold eyes and also some bewilderment. But then I understood. My clothes were high-class. Of course they don't know that it is high genesis class.

"Let him alone if you want to stay standing on your feet. Rimuru here can deal with the three of us easily."

"That young noble brat? In that case I challenge you to a duel."

"I accept after I have finished my registration." I said and released not a single bit of my aura but my killer instinct. He flinched back and started sweating but did not back of just yet. "So where can I enlist as an adventurer?"

"Here young man. Just fill out this sheet of paper. You have to chose a job and class. Also please write down all of your capabilities."

"Thank you miss. I will do so." I then looked at the paper. I filled out monster hunting as my job and swordsman as my class. I also wrote down fire and lightning magic as my specialities. As my name I wrote down Rimuru and no surname since there are already humans that have heard of Tempest. It is known as the monster country, the coalition of the jura forest, just jura country or Tempest. But that it is some kind of republic is not know to anyone of them. The only difference between a republic and Tempest are that the councilmen and councilwomen are not on the council for a defined time. It can be a post for a lifetime or just for a few years. Of course a member can be voted of by the other members due to the dissatisfaction of the citizens and his work.

"A swordsman and magic user? That is rare."

"Using a little magic and swinging a sword. Get lost child."

"Just wait for our duel. If you can still act high and mighty afterwards then do so then but now shut your trap. When can I take my test?"

"As soon as an examiner is available"

Then the same guy as last time arrived. He said that he will hold my examination himself. He summoned the same monsters as last time. I killed them with ease. When he desperately summoned a lesser demon I used my magic for the first time. A bright white flame, one that a rarely use shot towards the demon and incinerated it with no problem. This flame can be seen as the hight of fire magic but is inferior to the black flame, abyss flame, aether flame, nether flame and void blaze. But in the eyes of the present adventurers I might just be on par with an arch mage which is wrong but not in the way they think. Of course Fuze did get wind of it.

"What is going on here?"

"Ah hello Fuze. I was just taking the adventurers examination. And I think I passed."

"Of course you passed. Not even the best adventurers I know can stand against you. Why did you not bring him to me? I would have given him a adventurer card just like that?"

"Uh we uhm."

"Uhhh what done is done but I will see that you will make up for it. Please follow me sir T-"

"Just Rimuru is fine."

"Ah yes I understand."

"But before we go can I fight this gentlemen over there. He challenged me to a duel and I obliged."

"Y-you don't have to worry. We can duel at an other time." He then turned tail and made himself scares.

I was then brought to the bureau of Fuze and asked what that was about. I just told him that even though I knew that I was powerful enough I did not want any special treatment and wanted to go the same way as everyone else. He again wanted to say something but could not put down my arguments because one I was too powerful and two getting criticised for being humble is not something one does. But he requested me to go and meet with the king of Blumund. And so I did. I went with him to meet the king and had a conversation. He wanted just like last time a treaty that was only profitable for Blumund but I did not give in. I told him the changes he should make to the contract between the two countries and send them to Tempest since I was not the only one that has a say in this. He at first didn't want to butch and tried to convince me of the conditions. But I adamant on the change in conditions. He then relented and I also proposed that Tempest could build a road in the future to Blumund but Tempest would also keep all the rights of the road. We discussed it some more until dusk. Fuze and I went back to the guild and I got my A-rank adventurer card. I also asked for a letter of introduction with what I can get into contact with Yuuki. He wrote one and I left Blumund and am now on my way to Ingrassia.