Chapter 17 Jura Tempest federation, empire or republic?

Rimuru Pov:

We are currently inside the cave of the Lizardmen and talking about what we will do with the orcs. Of course we have already talked about it beforehand but we also needed to do that for the Lizardmen. Since they are also a part of Tempest they have a right to make their opinion known. In the past few hours we defeated the orc lord, saved the Lizardmen, threatened some demon lords and accepted powerful dragons to join us. They also asked if the others can come to Tempest. It told them that we need to talk about it in the upcoming meeting. And here we are. Treyni started of the meeting.

"I am starting off the meeting as one of the protectors of the jura forest. Before we start I would like to recommend Rimuru Tempest as the one that will hold this meeting. Does someone object?"

No one even dared to say something. "If someone wants to object then please say it right now." Still no one said anything. "In that case it will be my honour. Let us begin with what happened. During the past few days the orcs were rampaging through the jura forest and decimated several settlements of monsters living inside the forest. We have figured out that they have been controlled by a skill that is common for orc lords. The skill [Starved] ordered them to feast on others."

"Are you implementing that there is no one to blame for this and it was just a natural occurrence. That we will not get our revenge?"

"No elder this is not the case. Diaval has found and killed the one that was responsible for all of this. He was the general of a demon lord. He was the one that named the orc lord Geld and also named several other monsters inside the forest so that they can be used a nourishment for his evolution to a demon lord."

"A follower of a demon lord. In that case we will not be able to do anything."

"About that you do not have to worry. In Tempest there are a few demon lord seed level individuals. We won't wage war right now but I promise you we will revenge the ones that have been taken from us. And as for the general he is a majin of the name of Gelmud"

"That is impossible lord Gelmud would never betray me. He named me. A human like yourself would ne- outch"

"Shut your trap son. Didn't you learn from your mistakes. He is no mere human. No human would be as powerful as he is and have monsters like those follow him faithfully. My apologies lord Rimuru."

"Thank you elder. And Gabiru if you would listen to me that you would also understand. He wanted the orc lord to eat you and take your power with the skill [Starved]. If he would have eaten you he might even have evolved into a demon lord seed holder. He was just meant to be a puppet for the demon lord Clayman."

"B-but that is."

"It is the truth. Before I burned the little guy to crisps he said a something about how great he is and that he is a general of the demon lord Clayman."

"But we have to go back to our main topic. What will happen to the orcs. I for one do not want to hold them accountable for what they were forced to do. After all they were forced to do it. In addition to that do any of you why they even started to do that in the first place?" Everyone shook their head. If I am correct the orcs lived in a desert. There was little to no food and they just wanted to survive. If any of you would have been in that situation you would have done the same thing. That is also a reason why we have to band together and help each other survive. Does anyone want to punish the orcs for what they were forced to do?"

"I have no reason to do so." Akamaru said.

"Neither do the Lizardmen. If they become a part of Tempest."

"The rest of the council of Tempest has no problems either." The council members said.

"In that case welcome to Tempest the nation of monsters and every other race that wants to live in harmony with us." I greeted the orcs.