Chapter 23

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩ͯ•͙͙✧⃝•͙͙✩ͯ ✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩ͯ

. . . . ╰──╮Episode 23╭──╯ . . . .

    Wonyoung sat on one of the tables in the back of the grass-green classroom. She was staring out of the window, looking at the green sea of stumbling figures. She would compare them to lifeless corpses of goldfish in a fish tank at a pet store.

    Then, she thought about how morbid that analogy was.

    She thought of Min-ah, her younger sister, her parents, her little dog at home. She thought of them all and how they must be in the distant city. She wondered if Min-ah was in this situation at her own school. Was her mom at home? Was her dad at work, trying to survive?

    "Hey." Gwi-nam ripped Wonyoung from her thoughts. She looked so sad as she spaced out into the daytime. He knew what she was thinking about by her silence when she looked up at him.

    "Im sure they'll find us, honey. Don't worry too much." He said, leaning on the table next to her. He reached out his arm and wrapped it around her shoulders. Wonyoung was still silent. She liked that he was trying to take her from those thoughts.

    "Yeah, i hope." She muttered, looking down at her nails. They were chipped and a few were cracked. The black paint was breaking away, the edges were rough and caught onto fabric, the gloss was tinted with red. She was so used to the blood it didn't faze her.

    "Trust me, Wonnie. When we get out of this fucking hell-hole, we'll look for them." He comforted her and sighed, looking out the window for his own entertainment. He didn't feel saddened when he stared out the window, but he felt pissed. He was pissed there were so many.

    Why was this happening?

    The couple jumped when they heard the door behind them slam open. Wonyoung and Gwi-nam swung their heads around, ready for some sort of fight, but instead they were staring at Dae-su.

    Behind him was the rest of the group filing in. They were gasping for breath as they were sitting on the scattered tables. Wonyoung recognized Joon-yeong, Woo-jin, and Dae-su first.

    Wonyoung and Gwi-nam both jumped up to go to the front of the classroom, but Gwi-nam gently shoved her body behind his as he made his way forward. She was looking for a specific face through the crowd though.