🖤Second chance//Luka x reader

Hey reader! I'm do my best to keep up at least daily updates! If not daily, then every few days!!

This fanfic is a bit of an older one I wrote like..back when Luka first got the sass. Thought I'd post it here anyways!

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Mentions of blood and death

———

It was supposed to be just a normal akuma fight.

A..normal one. Get the object, destroy it, then ladybug would fix everything.

Except...today wasn't a normal akuma fight.

Ladybug and Cat noir were facing against what they'd call the most ruthless enemy they've ever gone against. An enemy with the ruthless of an assassin, and a katana that could slice through anything.

Sounded easy enough for them to beat, if they weren't so skilled and hard to get at. Not only did they have skillful fighting (AKA they almost beat them BOTH in battle).

So, it was up to Viperion to find a way out of this.

And, the worst part of this?

He had to keep watching the Akumatized villain, the Assassin, keep slicing your neck.

Over.

And over.

And over.

He'd been counting. He's counted 672 times. 672 times he had to watch you die.

672 times he watched that katana slice your neck, and cause you to drop onto both knees, wrapping your hands around your neck.

672 times you died, choking on your own blood.

You'd never been able to handle blood. Even a little bit got you feeling nauseous. Who knew blood would inevitably be your end?

Luka felt like he tried everything.

Using Ladybugs lucky charm, Cat noirs stick.

It wasn't until the 673rd time he came to the conclusion.

In order for them to win, you had to die. He had to watch you die. He wasn't able to pull his wrist back again and get his second chance. Well..his 673rd second chance.

After pulling back his bracelet, Luka runs forward, each movement playing in his head like a song.

"Cat Noir, she's gonna slice through her throat. Once she does, you need to use your stick! Keep her busy!" Luka shouts as the Akumatized villain tugs back on your hair.

Meanwhile, you were terrified.

You weren't a superhero. You didn't have a special power. You were just an ordinary civilian. Someone who was at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Someone who..ended up being important to not only Viperion, but also Ladybug and Cat Noir.

"Ladybug, when the assassins busy with Cat noir, Ladybug will get behind her with the lucky charm. Wrap the wire around her arms, keep her from moving. Before she's able to cut through, cataclysm the katana! Now, go!"

Ladybug and Cat noir both nod, and run.

"Seems like you do matter to the super nothings, little one. It's too bad I'll be the one to bring your time to a stop." The Akumatized villain sneers, lifting their Katana, which had already destroyed half of Paris to your neck.

"Please- you don't have to do this. Deep down, there has to be someone in there. You have to fight it! Fight hawkmoth!" You plead, trying to keep yourself from trembling against the katana pressing against your throat. Your body's trembling only caused the katana to press into your skin further, which only drew blood.