🖤Rainy days//Luka x reader

Woahh another update? I might be back in my miraculous phase...

Hope you enjoy! Warning, this DOES have miraculous ladybug spoilers. If you're not caught up then PLEASE watch the new episodes before reading. You have been warned!!

TRIGGER WARNINGS: None

You and Luka had managed a guitar shop together for..quite awhile now. After meeting Juleka through Marinette, a schoolmate, it didn't take too long for you and Luka to meet. You'd helped him through his heartbreak with Marinette and quickly became best friends. Then, you two decided to get part time jobs together.

What could go wrong?

Well, besides messing around at work, threats of akuma attacks? Really nothing.

Until you found out the news.

You didn't find out from him directly. Instead, you found out from your friends who were posting pictures with him all over Instagram and other social media.

Gripping your rag in hand, your chest hurts as you swipe through another picture. Him and Marinette together..everytime you saw them together, you couldn't help but feel a slight stab at your heart. You knew he deep down wasn't over her, no matter what he said. He always told you how good of a friend you were to him, so that didn't exactly fix anything.

God, you were such an idiot. How could you fall for someone like that, whilst KNOWING he had feelings for someone else?

Tch. It's not like anyone could blame you. Luka had the charms, kindness, and that smile could make anyone grin. Even you during exam week, whenever he brought you food after only six minutes of you messaging him about your stress. You look down at the rag you held in your hand, calming your tight grip on it. Clenching your jaw shut, you lift the rag and continue to polish the guitars that hung on the wall. He'd be here soon, right? Then maybe you could talk to him?

And so, you waited.

..and you waited.

And......waited.

He never came. Never showed up. It was 9pm. You'd even waited an extra damn hour after the shop closed just to see if he would somehow come running through the doors, apologize and everything would be fine. Happily ever after. But fuck, it wasn't fine. You didn't feel fine.

After wiping the final counter, you grab the keys you'd borrowed from the manager. You had to practically beg them to let you stay an extra hour after the shop shut down.

Useless..

You toss the rag into the laundry shoot in the back, picking up your backpack and slinging it over your shoulder. You push the door to the shop open, letting it shut before turning the lock. You pull on the door just to be sure you'd locked it before stuffing the keys in your bag, looking around. It was getting late..need to hurry and walk home. Too bad there weren't any busses at this time.

For the next few minutes, you couldn't stop thinking about the situation.

You didn't even notice when a few cold drops of rain hit your cheek until the drops of water began to consume the sidewalk. Until the sidewalk was soaking wet. Until you were soaking wet, drenched in the rain. It's not like you bothered to even do anything. Luka loved the rain..he often wrote his best songs in the rain. You remember him telling you that one night in the shop after you'd both stayed late.

Suddenly, your lower lip began to quiver, your eyesight was blurry. Were you about to cry? Or were you already crying?

It was hard to breathe. Your chest felt tight, your breath caught in your throat.