blame 

July 4. My family's favourite holiday, the holiday it's about family and friends we are always laughing but today, today I want to stay in J's room and never leave. It's 11 o'clock and I still haven't gotten out of his bed. he told me to take my time. I decided to get dressed and go downstairs. I put on my blue crop top and my shorts.

I saw Adam had showed up, great now con's gonna be in a even worse mood. i said hi to my dad and his new girlfriend who may i add looked not much older than me. My mum told me the kids were down at the beach when I got down there. I can tell con was already drunk and he was sitting right next to nicole, drinking like always. Everyone can tell it was off between us. J told me I could sit with him. I just tried to keep the fake smile on my face. i wish i could drink, it would make my problems go away but i know i cant so i just talk to j, he is trying to cheer me up. i tried just to focus on him but all i can hear is that slut laughing with my boyfriend, her tittes looking like they are about to fall out of her shirt. which reminds me to punch her when i'm not pregnant.

i know he was just trying to make me jealous and it was working. he kept laughing with her and then looking over at me, i just rolled my eyes in response. Eventually everyone went to do their own thing. so i went back upstairs to read my book. Ignoring everyone in the process. I didn't realise it was late until I saw it was dark outside.

I saw con standing on the pier, watching the fireworks, I know I had to talk to him, so I got out of bed and went down the stairs. but before i could go out the back door i saw my mum in the kitchen with a glass of wine.

before i could even ask if she was ok. she looked up at me and i could tell she was angry, great. What did I do now.

"where were you?"

"um... I fell asleep in my room, reading my book. Why what happened" unsure of why she was so pissed at me.

"your sister got Drunk and crashed into Susanna, breaking her mothers plate"

"oh, shit are they ok" i was worried. One of them might have gotten hurt maybe that was why She was angry.

"Susanna is fine and belly is sleeping it off. but you let your little sister get drunk and then you hide away in your room" my face dropped, of course it's my fault it always is.

"i didn't know" I answered, trying to plead my case.

"what, you didn't know she was drinking" she got me there. i know i should have stopped her but i figured she would be responsible and not drink too much. i guess i was wrong.

"well yeah i knew but i didn't...." but before i could even try and explain, she cut me off.

"i told you to look out for your sister and next thing i know i'm cleaning up your mess"

"Mum.... I'm sorry I just had a lot of  things on my mind"

"Like what?"

I look down at my feet "nothing" I mumble. it's not like i could tell her the truth now, she would probably disown me.

"Exactly"

"Sorry Mum, I should've kept an eye on her. i Should've watched how much she was drinking"

"Next time, do better" without a second glance, she walked past me with her wine still in hand and up the stairs.

I let out a breath I didn't know i was holding when she left, and I walked outside, i saw Conrad still standing on the pier so i walked over to him.

"hey" I said hesitantly
"hey" not even looking at me

"so how's Nicole" I said in a bitter voice, ok so maybe i was still a bit angry from the conversation with my mum. but right now i really don't care if i was being a bitch, it's been a very long day, ok give me a break.