ɛɩɛvɛη

ʀɑʙ

Today was the day regulus black dreaded most after coming to hogwarts,

Summer holiday.

The school doesnt allow students to stay back at its grounds, unlike in other breaks, so regulus would have to endure three months of his mothers constant ordering around and his fathers high expectations. He never understood what more they wanted from him, they had taken his childhood, his youth, filled him with wrong beliefs and made him put his life in the hands of an evil wizard. Lets not forget that He no longer has a brother, is disliked by many people, and apparantly has his life layed out in front of him. The only thing keeping him going was his best friend in the whole wide world evan rosier, and the love of his life arden marley; and he can bet you his soul that he wasnt gonna let anyone take them away from him.

It was a long eight weeks since the beggining of the summer between sixth and seventh year, and regulus was already on the brink of insanity. Dragged to many balls and deatheater meetings, the boy was sick of faking interest and devotion and making polite conversation with people he didn't even know names of. What really made him lose his mind, however, was the news his dear old mother was about to spring upon him.

"Regulus, get down here at once" she screeched, and the boy sighed before complying. "what is it you need, mother?" he questioned. All he wanted to do was go back to his room, sulk on his bed and tell kreacher all about arden.
"do you recall the greengrasses? You've spoken to aurelia greengrass last ball, remember?" she answers. Yes, and it was the most excrutiating wasted five minutes of his life. "what about the greengrasses?" he asked again, his tone slightly mocking.

"well, we were talking and we thought it would be a great idea for us to join two powerful pure-blooded families, carry on our black bloodline and all that" she smiles wickedly at him, eyes sparkling in delight.

"you know, i don't think this aurora would appreciate getting married to kreacher, of all people. Maybe chose someone less grumpy than he is. Perhaps the malfoys elf, dobby is it? Heard he's a bright ray of sunshine." he mused, nodding his head with an irritating, serious look eyebrows furrowed.

Walburgas smile drops, and the wicked look in her eyes turns almost murderous. “what could you possibly be on about?"
Regulus furrows his brows again in confusion, not finding anything wrong with what he said. "you..wanted to..carry on our bloodline? How will you do that without a husband?". his mother stared at him with a look that asked if he was stupid, stared at him almost in pity at his stupidity. "are you daft, boy? Her name is aurelia and she most certainly will not be marrying kreacher!" she sneered, and was baffled by his behavior. Kreacher on the other hand, could have dropped down on his knees in thanks. Regulus just looked even more confused, and his brows were practically connected. He looked around him, his hands in his pockets as his shoulders raised once he looked back at his mother. “then..who else, if not kreacher?".

"the heir of our household, of course!" she shouted in exasperation. What has gotten into thst boy of hers?
Regulus was taken aback, his mind going to the disowned member of the family. "..you sorta.. disowned him.. two years ago, i- wait-" regulus stepped back in realisation, putting his finger up as he tilted his head at the woman. "heir of the house hold ? Heir, as in me? As in, i? Regulus black? Current heir of the blacks, me? You want to marry me off to this aurelia, during school, to what? Give you another child to torment?" she faltered for a moment, but smiled sharply again.
"well, you could always wait till you finish your last year in that wretch of a school, but you'll be engaged by then".
Regulus tapped his foot on the floor, crossed his arms close to his heart and tilted his head to his shoulder. "and what, she knows about this? Hmm?" he pursed his lips and raised his brows expectantly.

"she does know, and she even agreed, delightful, isnt it?" walburga sent him a wide grin, the wicked glint returning to her eyes. The boys jaw clenched hard, and he no longer coward behind himself. "maybe for you. In fact, i dont agree." the look on his mothers face vanished, so fast, he would have laughed out loud if not for his current situation. "What do you mean, you dont agree?  You want to wait till after school to be engaed, aswell? Do you want to stop going at all?-"

"i mean i dont agree to this marriage" regulus shouted with his eyes closed, as if he was blocking out reality. His mothers reality. "regulus, what nonesense are you spewing? Where is this coming from?" orion black speaks up, curious of what his son is going with this. Regulys narrows his eyes at his father, grinding his teeth so hard they could shatter. "this nonesense is coming from the fact that i dont WANT to marry aurelia greengrass, because i dont love her!" he declares, and regulus could feel himself growing hot with anger.
"you'll learn to deal with her presence, it wont matter, dear boy" the woman reassures, horribly, that is. "it will matter! Dont you understand? I dont want to marry her!" he shouts again. "why not?"

"because im in love with someone else!"