Τɯ●

It wasn't unusual to find Arden skipping around the castle hours past curfew, all teachers, prefects and even Mr. filch got used to it, and after a month of giving her detention for it, she carried on her routine with no interruptions. What was unusual, well- for Arden- was to find the Slytherin boy whom she gave a flower to a few days prior, crying on a window seat in the middle of an abandoned hallway she'd walk through to avoid confrontation.

He had tear stains on his cheeks as he tucked his knees to his chest and placed his arms in them, his head resting on his arms as he looked up at the starry sky. "Are you alright? I know the sky is beautiful but not to the point it'll make you cry" she tried. He scoffed out a laugh and continued to look at it. "some times we don't realize the most beautiful things are right in front of us. We don't appreciate them the way we should until it's too late" he spoke quietly. She moved closer and sat beside him, to which he scooted away. She then moved even closer to him, and repeated till he hit the wall. "would you mind giving me some space?" he asked sarcastically as her lips pursed cheerfully, as if she did nothing.

"what?" she asked with furrowed brows. he let out a chuckle of disbelief at her actions. "I don't know how you managed to get this far in this world" he muttered. she shrugged with a one sided smile. "sometimes, all you need is a little bit of joy. once you realize you have something to be happy about, that's all you'll need. what you need right know, is a tissue. wipe those tears off that pretty face of yours."

she handed him a white napkin as he sniffed then blew his nose, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. "thanks" he muttered, kind of hoping she wouldn't hear. but due to their close distance, she did and smiled widely. "anytime. i have to go get some sleep before insomnia effects wear off but, if you're ever crying in an abandoned hallway again, I'll make sure to be there with a box of chocolate, comfort and tissues! good night regulus black!" she said replied happily before patting his hand softly, jumping off the ledge and skipping back to her common room humming a tune, not noticing the grey eyes following her in amazement till she disappeared out of sight.

◗◑●◐◖

Τɦɛy Αɩɩ Diɛ iη Τɦɛ Eηɖ