shit shit shit

I looked at the test in my shaking hand, as a single tear running down my cheek looking up at the mirror in my bathroom. barely recognising my reflection, i looked like shit, my hair in a messy bun that was about to fall out, my old T-shirt that had a rip on the side and my baggy track pants. What was worse was the bags under my eyes. I have been up since four when the realisation hit me, i'm late like 5 weeks late and I AM NEVER LATE luckily I had a spare test from when My friend came over and took a test as a joke .

I have been here ever since I took it, staring at it, thinking of how I got here, how could I be so stupid what the fuck am I going to do. shaking me out of the panic attack I was just about to have. My mum called my name saying they were about to leave, I looked in the mirror and compose myself quickly wiping away the tears, then walked out of my bathroom and out my door to see my mum standing there with a smile on her face, so i put on a fake smile and pretended like everything was fine.

"you ready to go" behind her I saw my little sister belly giggling with Taylor her best friend as they tried to pick belly's suitcase up. I smiled at how cute they were. then i looked back at My mum " actually I didn't sleep well last night. I think I'm gonna to get a bit more sleep, then i'll leave later" i lied my mum looked a bit worried. I smiled to reassure her "mum I'm fine I'm just tired" I laughed it off.

she smiled at me, the kind of motherly smile that makes you smile even if you're not happy "ok Violet get some sleep but at least be there for dinner", "of course Mum, wouldn't miss it for the world" she smiled and walked past me, putting her hand on my shoulder as she did.

My face fell the second she walked away. I hated lying to her, but I needed time. I need to think. also she would be sooooo mad at me. I walked back into my room closing my door, then slowly sliding down it i just sat there. Of course this happens to me Of course this happens now.

I don't know how long I was sitting there but when i heard my family leave the driveway, I snapped out of my days and got up to go back to the bathroom where the test was lying on the counter. Like my mascara, like it was nothing, but the little stick with two red lines is everything, it changes everything.