Chapter 22

"HOOOOLY SHIT!!"

Ethan bolted into our room at what must've been around 5 in the morning, all the girls shouting and throwing pillows at him. Elijah, Ezra and Noah all followed behind him. 

"No seriously, guys, you're gonna want to listen to this!" Ethan yelled. "There's a new article! Prince Johnathon wrote it and I've only read a few sentences but holy shit, it is crazy!"

"Wait, what?" I stood up, snatching the papr from him as all the girls did the same (Even Gertrude).

Amy took the paper from me, holding it up high. "Alright guys, let's be calm about this, come on! Shut the fuck up and I'll start reading!"

"No, me!" Ethan took the paper, beginning to read. "As many of you know, my name is Prince Johnathon. Some of you may know me as an orphan, a brokie, a streetmonger, the list goes on. But I am not here to tell you things that you already know. I am here to confess the order of many shameful acts that I wish to wash myself of; so, I'll start from the very beginning.

My story begins a few weeks ago, when I arrived here as an absolute mess, in the hopes of being able to leave as quickly as I came."

"Ugh, can he cut the bullshit already?!" Elizabeth groaned.

"Alright, alright!" Ethan cleared his throat. "After my first set of debates, the Princess called me into her study."

A layer of gasps and prodding noises errupted from the crowd.

"She told me that, had she the power, she would have chosen me to marry her. She also confessed that she was attracted to me."

Shit.

I felt naseous. I could sense where this was going.

"I spoke of my brother, and asked her about her sister. Apparently, though, the Princess did not know that she even had a twin sister."

I froze.

Luckily, people had not clocked it yet, and continued to react with as much fiery energy as they had began with.

"I went to her room later to check if she was alright. She asked me to stay. This is when I kissed her."

Screams and yells emerged from the crowd, making me feel even more sick. I tried to leave, but the crowd was too dense for me to even move.

"I left her room that night with nothing more than that. However,"

The entire crowd of girls tensed up in preperation for the next sentence.

"The next night, I visited the Princess' room once again. This was the first time I had sex with the Princess."

I felt as though I was going to faint with the amount of noise engulfing me. I held my forehead, feeling extremely dizzy. 

"I had frequent meetings with her, night after night. She became my freedom. She told me that she loved me. Around this time, she told me that her twin sister had been dating somebody special. He was special because, the boy this girl was having sex with, was my long lost little brother."

Amy's eyes widened as she grabbed the paper, reading for herself.

"We met for the first time in nine years that night, and I think this was the happiest I have been this whole trip. But of course, happiness fades eventually.

You see, two Princes  charged into my office with photos. Photos of me leaving the Princess' room. They told me that I was about to get kicked out and, if I told them the truth, they would help me out.

So, I did. And to the Princess, I am sorry, because I did not tell her.

Debates were getting worse, and I was falling apart. I drank my way through my struggles and told the Princess that if she weren't to confess about her sister and our affair tonight, I would do it.

So, judging by this, you can guess which one she chose to do.

However. Things aren't so simple.

One thing I haven't told you is, the Princess throughout this story was not the Princess, but, in fact, her twin sister. They thought it would be fun to switch places before the debate season commenced.

The woman I have been having an affair with is not called Zelda."

Oh, shit. I tried to shove my way through the crowds, but I wasn't quick enough.

"Her name is Naveah."

I froze.

"And Naveah is pregnant."

All eyes landed on me.

"I-" I tried to explain myself. "I'm not...I'm-"

"You're Zelda?" Amy frowned, visibly hurt. "What the hell, brownie?"

"I can explain! Wait, just-"

"Zelda." I heard from the doorway. It was one of the maitrons. She beckoned me with her fingers as I looked back at Amy, my throat closing up as tears began to well up in my eyes. "I'm- I'm sorry."

And with that, I left the dorm room for the final time.