Chapter 12

I slowly awoke in somebody else's bed. It took me a minute to clock where I was, but when realization hit me, I nearly gasped with utter shock. 

I looked to my left and, yep, just as I thought; Naveah was fast asleep next to me.

It was cold this morning; far too cold to be wearing nothing but my underwear. I picked up my trousers and put them on, catching myself in the mirror on the other side of the room. I saw something different.

When I got closer, dread washed over me. "Oh, no, no, no, no, no!" I whispered.

There were patches. New ones. New ones on my face.

"Shit!"

It had been years since this had happened, years since I'd woken up with new patches. I could've sworn my doctor said it wouldn't spread anymore. How was I to face my opponents today? Would they make fun of me? I was able to hide it before, but now it was so obvious, I feared that I'd become a laughing stock. 

I had forgotten about the temperature, all my focus had shifted to my face. 

Naveah awoke behind me, stretching and sitting up as she put on her nightdress. She immediately saw me stressing out across the bedroom. "What's happened?" She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and approached me. 

In pure humiliation, I resisted and covered my face, saying, "Wait! No, you-"

"It's okay, let me look." She took my fingers into my hands, gently pulling them away from my face. Her eyebrows furrowed a little, but not in a way that suggested she didn't like what she saw. "What? How did this happen?"

"It's- I don't know! It hasn't happened in years!"

"Okay, listen, stop freaking out. You're making things worse." She shrugged. "It's alright, though. You look the same to me."

"But I won't to other people, will I?" 

"Then ignore their comments. You've been doing a pretty good job at that so far, haven't you?"

I nodded. "Even so, I can't believe this," I groaned, turning back to the mirror.

"Okay, you know what-" She turned me back to face her. "The more you look at it, the worse you're gonna feel. Just try to ignore it."

I sighed, completely defeated. As if my past wasn't enough!

I knew the Princes would make this day a living hell.

The Princess And The Castle Maidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें