Chapter 17

"Good evening, ladies!" Ethan stormed into our room. "Who's missed me, huh?"

"Nobody," Amy said as Evelyn pulled her blanket off the bed. "Especially not me, dickhead."

Elijah piped up just then. "Ahh, I've missed all the women."

Ezra had the lantern in his hand and placed it in the middle of the floor, Evelyn drooping the blanket over us as the lantern kept the blanket up.

Noah snuck in beside Ethan, like always.

"So," Ethan began. "New girl. I hear you and Link are a thing. This true?"

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe. What's it to you?"

Amy chuckled. "Hahaha, brownie's catching on to my ways of hating you."

Abigail patted Ethan on the shoulder. "It's okay, Ethan, I don't hate you."

"Yeah, me neither," Bella said.

"Ladies, please, you can each have your turn!" He ensured.

"So, what's it gonna be tonight? Cards, or..." 

Ezra whipped out another newspaper. "They printed an extra due to all the havock that's been going on lately."

"Yes!"

"Do you know what this is?" 

"Hmmm," we all looked at each other before shouting, "Literally just published!"

"Guys, shut up!" Gertrude yelled.

"Okay...Gossip, page seven. Here we go." Elizabeth said. "Oop! Henry's gone!"

We all collectively gasped, trying to pry the paper away from her.

"Give!" Elijah shouted, snatching it away. "Yep, Henry's gone. And apparently Lucas, Theodore and Johnathon were all caught having a 'talk' in one of the studies?!"

Oh, shit.

What did that mean?

"Pass," Amy took the paper. "Johnathon's got vitiligo?!"

Bella groaned. "That's old news! Anything else?"

"Not really...Oh, no, wait- Nathan's leaving too!"

"Awwww!" Abigail whined. "I love Nathan!"

"Why'd they kick him out?" Noah asked.

"Not sure," Amy tucked her red hair behind her pointed ears. "To be fair, his arguments weren't great."

"Yeah, they were lacking in insults. A bit boring." Elijah shrugged.

"Oh, not every argument needs insults," Abigail went to fix the lantern but instead, accidentally swatted Ethan on the face. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

Ethan pretended to sniff, twitching his head. "Yeah," He whined, pretending to cry into Noah's shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright mate." Noah patted his head as Ethan began wailing and screaming into his shoulder, gripping at his shirt.

We all burst out laughing, earning a few more tickings off from Gertrude.

I was really going to miss this when debate season was over.

It was like the calm before the storm, I suppose.