Chapter 24

1 Thing
                   Amerie
              01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 04:05
                        ┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊
                          ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

"NIGGA YOU GOTTA BE JOKING." said Zuri laughing.

Her, Peter, and.. Peter were all hanging out in a pizza shop. People walked by with wide eyes seeing 3 Spider People casually talking.

"I'm gonna call you Peter... A and you Peter... T." said Zuri after finally managing to stop laughing at a joke they had made.

"That's weird." said Peter A. "I don't know I just thought it would fit y'all." mumbled Zuri. "It's cute." said Peter T smiling at her.

Peter A observed their interaction. He knew Zuri wasn't ready for any type of relationship. And neither was Peter T.

Both of them had lost people in their life's recently. And finding comfort in a friend was fine. But anything romantic would damage them both. He knew from... experience.

The conversation continued between the three with Peter A being a bit more silent, until Zuri got a ping on her watch.

A hologram showed up and it glitched majorly but it still was visible. Hobie's watch was janky but it still worked perfectly. It just had that touch of... Hobie to it.

"The fuck do you want Hobie." said Zuri with a flat voice. "Love, come to HQ. Please you've been gone for almost 2 days." said Hobie with worry in his voice.

"You're not my fucking dad Hobie. Fuck off." said Zuri with annoyance in her voice before turning off her watch.

"Who was that?" said Peter T curious. "A friend. I don't think I can handle seeing any of them for a while, everything reminds me of.. him too much."

Peter T silently nodded before Peter A slapped a $20 on the table and signaled for the two to follow him.

Zuri pulled her mask over her mouth and followed the group. Peter A was the most mature and experienced out of the three.

He had already experienced all of his "canon"events, and had been Spiderman for over a decade.

Many mistakes had been made in his job as Spiderman, one he particularly regretted with a girl named Mary-Jane. He didn't want the two with him to make the same mistake as him.

Peter A had regretted trying to get over his dead love with another woman, because he knew he never would. Gwen was on his mind constantly and no girl would change that.

"So her name was Gwen?" said Zuri as Peter A recalled his first and only love, not realizing he had began talking about her aloud.

"Yeah. She was lovely. The most amazing and beautiful person i've ever met. I couldn't save her in time and I still blame myself everyday because of it." said Peter A with a somber look on his face.

"Hey. Don't beat yourself up about it. Your Spiderman. It wasn't your choice. You tried to save her. It's not your fault." said Zuri with a smile.

Peter A smiled and hugged her. He pulled Zuri aside for a bit to speak to her. "Miles wasn't your fault either. I don't know who that guy was on your watch but he cares about you. Don't push people away" said Peter A genuinely to Zuri.

Zuri took his words into consideration. Hobie had been nothing but kind and amazing to her. She just couldn't handle the reminders of Miles he gave her. That any of her friends gave her.

Zuri was snapped out of her thoughts by Peter A speaking."You guys can stay here. Or at other Peters."

"I think we'll go back to his universe because of the day pass. It was lovely meeting you Peter, i'll be back for sure." said Zuri with a smile.

Peter A smiled and hugged Zuri before sending a nod to Peter T and swinging away. "Time to go back to yours huh?" said Zuri.

Peter mumbled a yes with a grin and Zuri opened a portal back to his dimension.

They both hopped in and landed on a building. They swung to Peters apartment complex before jumping in through his window.

What Zuri didn't expect was to see Hobie standing in Peters living room.

"The fuck are you doing here Hobie." said Zuri with a blank look. Her conversation with Peter A was still stuck in her head but the memories hit her too hard to care. "Love if you'd just let me explain I could-"

"No. Leave." said Zuri pointing to a door. "I can't deal with this right now Hobie. I can't deal with you. I can't deal with him." said Zuri.

"Zuri just come to HQ please." said Hobie trying to grab Zuri. "Ay man, I don't think she wants to go with you." said Peter standing between them.

"Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do about it bruv. " said Hobie with annoyance in his voice.

"Stop it. Why do you want me to go back to HQ so bad. Aren't you all.. fuck corporate and fuck capitalism." said Zuri trying to get Hobie to just leave.

"He's alive." mumbled Hobie looking into Zuri's eyes.

"The fuck did you just say?" said Zuri with tears starting to form in her eyes.

"He's alive love. Please just come with me." said Hobie with a pleading voice.

"F-fine. But he's coming with me." said Zuri with a shaky voice. Hobie nodded and threw him a watch before heading to HQ.

Zuri stood there unmoving before Peter grabbed her hand and led her through the portal.

So many thoughts were swirling through Zuri's mind. The love of her life was alive?

 The love of her life was alive?

Word Count: 933

A/N: Peter A is Andrew Garfield's Spiderman. Peter T is Tom Hollands Spiderman. Thought that would be a bit obvious. I would've made Andrew the new "love interest" bc i prefer him but he is not a highschooler anymore lol. He's still my fav live action Spiderman.

 He's still my fav live action Spiderman

obviously the better option right here... i love him so much 😩