Chapter 10

Kiss It Better
                                      Rihanna
              01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 04:05
                        ┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊
                          ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

ZURI HAD BEEN avoiding Miles for the last week. It pained her to do so, but she needed some time to sort her thoughts out. She wanted to deal with this on her own and not lie to Miles face.Yes she could still be with Miles if he was the Prowler, but it weighed on her conscience.

She thought maybe him and her could fight together, for the good of the city. Zuri thought back to the night she first met the Prowler, how he brought her to her doorstep. It made sense now as to why Miles showed up at her house the next day, he witnessed her injuries.

The puzzle pieces finally fit in her head. Why Miles would have random injuries, have to leave because something came up, and the night she saw him on the news. Zuri was accepting the fact that Miles was the Prowler, and she wasn't too bothered by it. He wasn't particularly dangerous unless you got in his way. He did kill people occasionally but never for no reason. That was kind of off putting to her but hey, everyone had their way of dealing with problems.

The big thing Zuri was worried about this past week was him finding out she was Spider-girl. What would he do then? Would he leave her because of it, or would he betray her and give her up to Kingpin. She knew Miles had done business with Kingpin before, even though she hadn't seen them together recently.

It was all overwhelming to Zuri, she needed a stress reliever. She slipped on her suit, this time without her extra pants and shoes she wore with it. Just her suit. She felt a bit more free without the extra weight of her clothes, maybe she would wear her suit like this more often.

Zuri swung through the city, stopping on a big clock tower near Miles' house. She walked to the edge of the tower and gripped onto it upside down, sitting down after doing so. She sighed and took in the beautiful view of the city she so loved protecting.

"So do you just always hang upside down or is this a one time thing?" said an unknown voice. Zuri immediately sprung up, swinging back upright and was prepared to fight, until she saw it was Miles. Well the Prowler so to speak. She relaxed a bit but still kept her stance not knowing how he would react.

"Chill. I'm not tryna fight you." said Miles, his voice unrecognizable from his mask. Zuri visibly relaxed but kept her guard up not knowing what he might pull. "What are you doing here." said Zuri speaking in a slightly different voice. "So what, there's restrictions on where I can go now?" said Miles. Zuri didn't reply and swung to the next building over and started walking away.

Miles followed in suit of her, jumping to the building. He didn't say anything as he followed her silently. Zuri knew he was right there but didn't have the energy to confront him, especially knowing that fact that she knew who he was.

Zuri stopped, her spider sense alerting her of someone near them. She got into stance looking around her ready to fight. Miles noticed this and did the same. "Just the two people I wanted to see!" said Kingpin walking up to them. "The fuck do you want." mumbled Zuri.

"You see you've both been getting in my way, you more so then him." said Kingpin pointing to Zuri. "Funny thing is, I couldn't care less." replied Zuri. Kingpin looked irritated and threw a punch to Zuri. She stumbled back and coughed but bounced back ready to fight.

Miles didn't react to her getting hit. Sure they were both fighting the same person but that didn't mean he had to help her. He was following her around earlier to try and get a hint as to who she was. Kingpin wouldn't stop bothering him about stopping Spider-girl so he thought maybe if I find out who she is, he would stop pestering me.

Zuri shot a web at Kingpin's face and proceeded to kick him with as much force she could muster. Kingpin fell back, but got up soon delivering a fatal blow to Zuri that no normal person could handle. Thank God she wasn't normal. But maybe if she was she wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

At this point Miles had snuck away, not caring to stay for the fight and knowing that if Kingpin captured Spider-girl he would finally be left alone. He felt a little bad leaving her there but he wasn't a hero, he had already built a reputation for himself. And in his mind there was no going back.

Zuri struggled horribly during this fight, realizing she wasn't going to win. She webbed Kingpin's far multiple times and swung away, going as fast as she could. Her speed was inhumane, getting her away from Kingpin quickly. She made sure no one was watching her before she slipped into her window, falling on the floor.

"Fuckk." groaned Zuri in horrible pain. She stood up holding her stomach, stripping off her suit and stumbling into the shower to rinse away the dirt and blood caked on her. Her suit was ripped and damaged, which was a pain in the ass knowing she would have to sew it up.

She turned off the water before heading to her mirror to bandage her injuries. The major one was on her shoulder, a cut that went a little too deep for her liking. She put a towel in her mouth, biting it as she stitched up the cut. It hurt more then she was expecting, but just because she could heal faster then others doesn't mean stuff couldn't get infected. So she had to clean and sew herself up.

Zuri sighed falling on her bed after sitting there for a good 30 minutes fixing her injuries. There was absolutely no hiding this from Miles so she knew it wasn't an option to see him until she dealt with Kingpin. She didn't know how long that would take, as she herself wasn't strong enough to take him with her current strength.

She sat up and headed to her desk, sewing her suit back together. After that she plopped on her bed enjoying the comfort. Her phone buzzed and she saw it was from Miles. She didn't want to deal with that right now, sending him a text that she was fine and had some relatives in town so not to come over.

As she laid in bed Zuri wondered how she would deal with Kingpin. She knew she would have to do something, and fast. Because he was just waiting for the moment she would slip up and give him an opportunity to kill her. She hoped everything would work out, because Spiderman always saves the day. Right? That's what she thought. But nothing could prepare her for the events she would soon face.

 But nothing could prepare her for the events she would soon face

Word Count: 1181

A/N: Feeling very lazy. Also wanted to say it's been about 4 months that Miles and Zuri have known each other. This isn't proofread because it's late and I just want to put something out. I'll edit it in the morning 👍🏽 Prepare for heartbreak!