Chapter 9

See You Again (ft. Kali Uchis)
                              Tyler, The Creator
              01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 04:05
                        ┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊
                          ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

ZURI WOKE UP with a throbbing headache. She sighed and sat up, realizing she wasn't in her room. The memories of last night came rushing back, and she groaned. She looked over on the nightstand and saw some Advil and water. She popped the pills in her mouth and drunk the water. Zuri grabbed her stuff and picked up her heels.

She silently walked through Miles house, trying not to get him to notice her. Just as she was about to open the door, Miles spoke. "You know i've seen you this whole time. No need to sneak out." mumbled Miles sadly. Zuri rolled her eyes and went to open the door, desperately trying not to look at him knowing she would probably cry.

"Please just let me explain myself Zuri" said Miles. "There's nothing to explain, we're just friends anyways." said Zuri, her heart breaking with every word. That stung. Miles knew they weren't official but just friends? He never wanted to hear those words coming out her mouth. "Fuck Zuri." groaned Miles. "Go talk to that other girl, Alyssa or whatever her name is." said Zuri with jealousy and sadness lacing her tone.

Miles stood up from where he was sitting and walked over to Zuri, grabbing her waist and pulling her into a hug. "I only want you Zuri. Have I not made that clear enough?" mumbled Miles into her neck. "Then prove it. You confuse me Miles." said Zuri about to push him away.

"I'll prove it any-day." said Miles spinning her around and kissing her. Zuri was shocked for a moment, Miles getting ready to pull away before she melted into him. The kiss was passionate and poured out all the feelings they both felt. It was like no one else existed in that moment, all of their problems melting away. Zuri needed to catch her breath, and pulled away panting.

Miles didn't want to stop, continuing to kiss her down her neck while she caught her breath. "Fuck Miles." mumbled Zuri barely able to get her words out. He stopped for a second, chuckling and pulling her into a much needed hug. "You don't know how bad I need you Zuri, I don't think i'll be able to function without you." said Miles looking into her eyes.

"I don't think I can either, which is the scary part." said Zuri. Miles picked her up and brought her to his bedroom. He turned on the water for the shower and turned to Zuri. "I thought you'd need one after last night." mumbled Miles. She smiled and stood from his bed standing on her tippy toes to kiss him.

She pulled away from him, only for him to whisper in her ear. "Don't think I forgot about last night. I don't want no other man touching you. You're mine." Zuri went full on red and grabbed her stuff before getting in the shower. She washed her hair and body, before turning off the shower and drying off. She threw on one of Miles hoodies and pulled on some spandex.

Zuri went under Miles sink and grabbed some hair stuff and a comb, before sitting on his bed and starting to detangle her hair. It was a struggle, as it always was. Miles silently watched her, infatuated with her every movement. She finally finished and braided her hair out of her face. She signaled for Miles to come sit between her legs so she could do his.

He complied and sat between them. She parted his hair and applied some leave in conditioner before detangling it. Once she was done, she applied some gel to his hair and braided it back, being fairly simple as he only liked 2 braids. Once she finished she walked to the bathroom to wash her hands, and Miles walked up behind her.

"Thank you baby." said Miles smiling at his hair. Zuri smiled and grabbed his face before kissing his forehead. "Anything for you." said Zuri with the goofiest smile on her face. They both proceeded to the bed, Zuri laying her head on Miles chest while he rubbed circles on her back.

He explained how he had went back into the classroom looking for his phone, and finally found it on the new girl Alyssa's desk. She was still in there for some reason and he grabbed it and tried to walk away. She grabbed him and tried to say she thought he was cute and how they'd make a good couple. Miles was in no way shape or form interested but she tried to force herself on him, and that's when Zuri had walked in.

"Sorry." mumbled Zuri feeling embarrassed at how she jumped to conclusions. "Don't be. I should've explained to you sooner." said Miles. He continued to rub circles on her back, needing to touch her in some way to feel at peace. Zuri made him feel things he'd never felt before. He didn't think he could survive without her, she made his life better. She gave it meaning.

"So what are we." mumbled Zuri into Miles chest. He sat up, causing her to sit up to. She was straddling Miles and he set his hands on her waist. "Your mine Zuri. And i'm yours. As long as that's okay with you." said Miles staring into her eyes with admiration. "I think i'm okay with that." said Zuri with the goofiest smile on her face. He laughed and pulled her into him, smothering her in kisses.

Zuri had to leave soon as her mom would be coming home earlier then usual and wanted to eat dinner with her. Miles told her to stay there and he would grab her stuff. He grabbed her purse and clothes before starting to walk away. Zuri stood up looking around in Miles room, observing it. She noticed something peeking out from his drawer and went to put it back in the drawer as it was bothering her.

As she pulled open the drawer, her face turned from calm to shock. There sitting in the drawer was the Prowlers suit. Zuri panicked shutting the drawer right away and rushing to Miles to grab her stuff. He smiled when he saw her, handing her the bag and clothes. She smiled at him and kissed his cheek before mumbling a quick goodbye.

Zuri walked into an alley and changed into her suit, swinging atop a building and panicking. Miles was the Prowler? It made sense as she thought back to all of the coincidences. But she was Spider-girl. And he was the Prowler. One of the most infamous villains in the city.

Zuri swung home and changed out of her suit, shoving it in a drawer. She didn't know how her and Miles would work out. She saved people, and kept the city safe. He saved people, sometimes, but killed to get what he wanted.

Zuri sat at the dinner table with her mom lost in thought. She really liked Miles with all her heart, but she didn't know if she could keep up the relationship while being Spider-girl. The city came first, the safety of the people came first. Zuri had given up too much to stop now. Being Spider-girl was a sacrifice. That's the job. That's what she signed up for. And she didn't intend to quit.

Word Count: 1229

Word Count: 1229

A/N: Shorter chapter. Hoping to bring y'all pain the next chapter!